RFE: Anyone in same boat, Med+Xray. plz share ur exp

PrinceofJungle

Greetings :D

Received RFE, Asking to Re-submit medical exams with Chest X-ray report.

RFE:
"This applicant is required to have a medical examination to conjunction with this application, Please re-submit a duly executed form I-693, Medical Examination Report, This I-693 shall include Tuberculosis Chest X-Ray Report."

My Story:
Two years ago Medical was already submitted and as common issue Skin test was positive, x-ray was done, and I believe x-ray report was in sealed envlope. I was told X-ray fiim is ur property no need to be sent to INS.

What I am looking for:
Anyone in same boat Medical + chest xray, plz share ur exp.

Me Thinking :
I am thinking to send the blow pic instead of x-ray :D

Did the doctor you saw for the first immig medicals tell you about the result of your X-ray? I'm sure it was nothing, because if there had been any problem, the doctor would have told you about treatment options..
My skin test was positive, presumably because of the anti-TB BCG vaccination I got as a kid (back home this was mandatory for those of us kids who showed *negative* to the skin test), and this was also shown in my immunization record that I gave to the civil surgeon. My doctor took an X-ray of my lungs and told me it was clear. I still have the film, and it is very pretty, though I didn't send it to the CIS to brag about this :) But seriously, I suppose he filled in the form accordingly. In my case I didn't get an RFE on the medicals..
I think in your case, it's just a matter of your doc's clarifying that your x-ray was clear.
Good luck, you are almost there!

hanging in here said:
Did the doctor you saw for the first immig medicals tell you about the result of your X-ray? I'm sure it was nothing, because if there had been any problem, the doctor would have told you about treatment options..

Agreed, after x-ray when went to collect envlope, I was told that everything is okay? got replied yes. it seems that some part of report was not properly filled out or somthing..... I aslo asked about film what to do and was told its ur property u don't need to send them.

I think in your case, it's just a matter of your doc's clarifying that your x-ray was clear.
Good luck, you are almost there!

Yes I also believe doctor or his clerk messed up somehow. they need to fill out I693 properly. because it is sealed so we have no option to learn that form is preperly filled out.

I got the same 6 mons back

Hi POJ,

I got the same RFE 6 mons back and it was because my genious doctor did not give me all required immunization shots (they did not have at the time) and she did not tell me that there were two immunizations I need to take, I resubmitted my medicals with a new X-ray (I did not do the skin test since it was +ve first time). I got an interview and I was approved last month.

Thanks,
Spartakus

spartakus said:
Hi POJ,

I got the same RFE 6 mons back and it was because my genious doctor did not give me all required immunization shots (they did not have at the time) and she did not tell me that there were two immunizations I need to take, I resubmitted my medicals with a new X-ray (I did not do the skin test since it was +ve first time). I got an interview and I was approved last month.

Thanks,
Spartakus

>>> medicals with a new X-ray

plz explain what do u mean 'with x-ray'

do u meain x-ray film? or x-ray report which is included in sealed envlope.?

I believe they don't need film? do they?

they only need the report

They took a new film but what went USCIS was only the report, by the way it goes in sealed envelope but you should be able to see it before your doctor put it in a sealed envelop, actually you get you own copy of the report and you keep the film, also your doctor should have given you your copy of the medical exam. I did it twice and I got my copy both times and the second time my carbon copy was not clear and I asked them to photo copy thier original they were sending and they did it without any problem.

Spartakus

spartakus said:
They took a new film but what went USCIS was only the report, by the way it goes in sealed envelope but you should be able to see it before your doctor put it in a sealed envelop, actually you get you own copy of the report and you keep the film, also your doctor should have given you your copy of the medical exam. I did it twice and I got my copy both times and the second time my carbon copy was not clear and I asked them to photo copy thier original they were sending and they did it without any problem.

Spartakus

Thanks for sharing that they(doctor) can give copy of report, I was not aware of it. I would ask them .

thanks again for sharing.

regards
POJ

Got my RFE today and was asked for the following

Please obtain an updated Form I-693 from a civil surgeon on your Chest X-Ray report only.

My previous X-Ray shows a 8mm module. No signs of active T.B. The doctor recommend repeat chest film.

I guess all I need to do is to get a re-check of the X-Ray and show nothing has changed?

I am with the San Francisco Local Center.

jajabin said:
Got my RFE today and was asked for the following

Please obtain an updated Form I-693 from a civil surgeon on your Chest X-Ray report only.

My previous X-Ray shows a 8mm module. No signs of active T.B. The doctor recommend repeat chest film.

I guess all I need to do is to get a re-check of the X-Ray and show nothing has changed?

I am with the San Francisco Local Center.

Dear Friend ,

Don't worry, Just follow exactly what they are saying, they are using word 'updated' all I am understanding is u don't need to go thourgh all procedure again,

INS have clear instruciton for surgen when doing Medical that if applicant have 4-5mm> reactoin, X-ray procedure must be followd,
since u got 8 its little, don't know why surgen didn't performed that X-ray for u, anyway don't worry Ask u doctor to use same record and pay only for X-ray(show them little polite anger that their mistake cost him waiting they even should ask for $$ from u :D , just be polite with smile),
And make double sure they sealed envlope front of you (u +doc signs on form)
And most important to make sure they included/put x-ray report with I-693,

My exp is that the staff told me they usually don't put X-ray repot (a seperate picce of paper on which have check boxes that u don't have blah balah disease).
Even when I went and clearly req them to put x-ray report and both copy for me, for my record,(u ask for copy they would give u)

The clerk was enough lazzzzzzzzzzzzy to gave me x-ray report as my copy taking out from envlope to me, because they were used to not to put x-ray report with it, and thanks God that it was noticed and I asked what are u doing? how come u take it out again, which cost me painful waiting and time. otherwise.... I would be facing same RFE with consequences. so be carefull, and watch them when they are preparing , be polite and smile.... get few flowes with u.... :D ,

INS sent u becuase they have to complete there formality, as law requires that.

I also did almost same but I didn't redone my x-ray becz they already have records for it. so this time they did included. just careful and watch them . :D

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator: