RFE : Anyone had RFE for explanation on part time work during masters degree?

srinivinod

Registered Users (C)
Ive been asked to submit additional explanation on how I managed to work 20hr/week during my degree program. I thought the I-20 should have explained the knuckleheads in INS that I had an assistantship and had to work 20hr/wk on Research and that is how I was paid. Not to mention they even want to know how I worked one year before I got the H1 . Well dont they know about practical training EAD option?

Anyone experienced this? Please post on what you sent for RFE on such cases..

thanks

well basically here is the gist..I dont have the rfe with me. Lawyer has it.

Biographic Data form shows that Ive been working in the U.S. since August of 1996, and they can\'t figure out how you were entitled to work prior to the start of your H visa which was from 1999.

Obviously the time in school, I worked on my RA for my stipend 20hr/week. And followed by that I had 1 year of PT until I got my H1 in 1999.

No Title

our laywer sent the I-20 and copy of the EAD(practical trainning) along with other required forms to INS, we are still waitting for approval. Did your laywer send I-20 ,EAD at the first place?

yes. In addition to that my lawyer wanted the actual contract I signed

with my school and the action form that describes my course load every semester and the weekly hours I put on work. Just to make sure we cover all the base. When did you send your RFE?

Same Thing..

My lawyer took all copies of my I-20 and a copy of my EAD...But in my biogarphic sheet there is no mention of my work history when I was on my PT, even though I worked. Will this be a problem or should I tell the lawyer to include this info also...

Aslo there was a 7 day difference between by PT expiry date and the RD of my first H1. I mean I got my H1 after the expiry of my PT, but I went out of the country immediately to get the multiple H1 stamped. Do u think I am covered here..

Folks, any info will be appreciated..

Yes it will. That is why I got my RFE.

Ask your lawyer to include the exact nature of your work during the time you were in school. Also include the OPT EAD info. Basically these INS guys look at your biography and look at your H1 Visa start date and wonder how one can work before the H1 visa. I guess they are not aware of on campus RA work that you put per week while maintaing full course load.

srinvinod, on your LC application, did your RA experience count into

the experience required for the job? If it is, that might be the reason they looked into this.

Not really sure. Basically it should not have mattered. I think

they really wanted to make sure I was not working illegally before getting the H1. Evidently several people have got this RFE. Perhaps it would not have been issue had I asked my lawyer to include the details in the biography part of the 485 application. Anyway I will provide what they ask and wait.

What exactly they do with this Biographic Information...

Will they sit and call each and every employer in the form..