RFE and Co. size - any corelation?

485ead

Registered Users (C)
Just trying to get an idea whether to expect RFE or not!

Those who got RFEs, do you see any corelation between the co. size and RFE? i.e. Can we say that the co. size was small-medium or revenue <$5-10 mil. (or some other common factor) and RFE was issued?

I know there is nothing certain with INS, and RFEs are usaully random, however, let's see ...

Is it related to skillset

Are they issuing RFE basing on the skillset. We know that C++ and Java etc are not much in demand. So why dont we look into that aspect and ask all RFE holders to post their skillsets too.

I don't think IIOs would know any difference between C++, Java or other programming models ( If they knew.. they wouldn't be sitting at VSC and doing that clerical work).

And I don't know how you derived the inference that C++/Java is not in demand anymore ( may I ask then what is in demand?)
Anyway.. one should see the big picture.. coding is coding, no matter what language you use to achieve your results.

I think RFEs depend on two factors:

1) they issue RFE for some percentage of cases anyway ( say 4 % of all cases)

2) If IIO smells anything fishy about your case. This can be anything .. recent address change, very small company etc

I don't think the RFE is anything to do with the compant size or revenue at 485 stage, because these matters will be reviewed at 140 stage only, once 140 is done, they do not look at company unless otherwise your company has a big layoff/bankrupcy history etc.,

I confirmed this with my attorney and as per him, there should not be any problem with the company size and revenue. I-485 is personal application.

Ideally I-485 should be a personal application (I'm in favor of that). Basically it is an application to adjust status ( because Immigrant petition I-140 is already approved ) so it should not be more than

1) check that person is in valid status in the country
2) criminal background ( fingerprinting)

But its not an ideal world. I-485 has become more complicated than it should be. Most of the RFEs ask to submit employment letter ( well its not personal anymore.. or is it?), to submit pay stubs to make sure that you are still working at the same company or fall under AC21.

Thing is RFEs are at the discretion of IIO who is reviewing your case. There have been cases where they went back to open I-140 file to make sure everything is OK with the company ( still a personal case? I doubt it)

Address changes seem to trigger RFE though!

I have been with the current employer since Jan/2000. My case is straight forward, but I submitted a change of address along with I-485 application. And I got an RFE of employment... I don't know if it is related...