RFE after interview. Is this normal?

imgdoctor

Registered Users (C)
We received RFE to submit new translations on birth and marriage certificates since the once we provided initially we translated ourselves (lawyer said its OK). This is about a month following a local office interview. I went in person and submitted new translations. How long after this will they respond? On the interview they told us there are no visas available but this was an error because we are under "Schedule A" - nurse and visas are current. they need to fix this problem with State Department. Is there a way we can push them to do something. It has been about 2 months after interview. Or we should just wait. Any take on this. I thought I share this.

congressman

Involving your congressman may help. When asked for reason to complain, mention "service error". Cases with "service error" are handled differently, as USCIS tries to fix the errors asap. That your visa # should be available under schedule A, but you were told otherwise, appears to be service error. To find the congressman, go to senate.gov and put in your zip, and you will find your representative. Each congressman/senator has an immigration case worker who will work up your case. Good luck!

If you submit additional documents after interview, they need 6 months...that is what I was told, I may ask if documents even reached them and are ok, only after 6 months...we submitted a copy of med cert, correcting doctors error (he forgot to mark a box)

Thanks for the responses guys. Why would they need 6 months to review RFE? Rhetoric question? No logic with INS. I have the feeling the RFE is an attempt to cover up the delay caused by their error to issue visa # in our case. I may be wrong. Why they did not see the translations are "not valid" at the interview? Why would they go back and look at the documents again a month after the interview?! Do they have the time to review several times the same files? That is why I think they were just trying to find an excuse that they are not adjudicating the case. All was fine during the interview, he looked thoroughly at all documents, it took over an hour for three of us, and officer should have approved the case if it was not for this error.
Do you think they will ask for a new letter from employer later if the case get protracted for longer time? Will they ask for new fingerprints or medicals?
I am so tired of all this. This system is so unfair. People are getting GC from lottery in no time and do not have the slightest idea what others are going through for the same benefit. :mad:

Learned the Wonderfull News today. APPROVED

Today I went to the local office where our case is pending with the intend to submit extension for work permits (old cards expire end of January). I told the Front desk officer that we had our interview couple moths ago and there was an error with the visa numbers. She said:You are Schedule A, there are numbers available. You should not have to apply for new work permit. She went insight and brought our folders. She said "Case has been approved. You should be receiving the letter in the mail. She asked if I had my passport so she can stamp it. I did not have it. She said I have to hurry if I want to have my PP stamped because they will send files to the service center for green card to be issued. She said it will take 4-6 months!!! (VSC) . IS THIS TRUE? I heard some people are getting the plastics in few weeks. Also because our PP are being renewed we cannot go for stamping now. Will it be possible to stamp the new PP after they are ready in couple of months. Even if the files are not at the local office, as she was saying, will they still stamp PP. Anybody with similar experience? I hope my story tale is of some help to others. I still cannot believe it is OVER. 11 1/2 years later. :)

make infopass and get stamping ASAP...

It's been a few mos and my plastic card still hasn't arrived... but the stamping is just as good....

I had a similar case.... service error since we were schedule A... instead of July approval... we got delayed into October... and getting Sen. Specter's office to help made things move along...

But notice in mail did not arrive till 1 month after... (your passport stamp will have a date on it reflecting date of approval)...

Last edited by a moderator: