RFE after filing for I-485

sandy boy

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks,
RD 10/2001
ND 11/2001
FP 02/2001

I got a RFE for new I-140 on 04/07/2001. My attorney replied the RFE on 04/13/2001 but the AVM is not yet updated. Also, spoke to an IIO and she told me that they have not yet received any reply.
Can somebody please let me know hoe much time it takes to update AVM and how much one should wait before assuming that the reply to RFE is lost in the transit ?
Please help !!!!

No Title

Normally, they seem to enter stuff in the system 2-4 weeks after receipt. I\'d wait another week or so to make sure, the maybe re-submit. Your lawyer should have some experience with this though.

What was the RFE about?

No Title

Due to acquisition of the company INS has asked for a new I-140 (preferred choice) or to wait till the new regulations are published (Any idea when they are due ?)

No Title

My RFE was received on 3/26/01, my response to RFE was sent to INS on 4/17/01, AVM hasn\'t been updated till now.
Sandy boy, let us post here once either of us got the confirmation from INS of the receive of the response of RFE by AVM or IIO.

Ann

No Title

same here - we\'ll wait. INS stated that new regulations will be out in March 2001 - so cannot be that long of a wait now.

No Title

Am in similar situation.. Got RFE on April 7 regarding new I-140 due to company merger.

I hope the INS comes out with memo in 3 weeks!

No Title

In any RFE that INS sent out for new I140 I think they used to mention that regulations would be published in jan\'2001. After that there was a kind of rumour that the regulations would be out by March\'2001 - April\'2001. Now it is May\'2001 and everyone seems to be silent about it. I am keeping my fingers crossed as it is becoming more and more frustrating to wait indefinitely for the regulations...

No Title

sandy,

one question -

did the merger happen after u filed 485 or before ? Can u please give the month and year merger took place.

Thanks

agcal

No Title

got RFE for I-140 on 4/7/2001 too. But my slow lawyer replied on May 1, 2001. i\'m waiting for receipt.

No Title

Actually I ask my attorney to check if INS received my I-140 docs.
Attorney checked thru USPS checking status and they receieved
on next day my attorney sent.
I think this is the only way to check.
Another info: According to attorney, it will take up to 6 weeks
to update AVM due to these days INS mail room backlog.

No Title

jkwon,
Can you please let me know when were your I140 docs were sent ? Because I have seen AVM getting updated in 2 weeks for the people who had sent something by last week of March\' 2001. Is this backlog problem a new one for CSC ?

No Title

RFE due to merger issued on 01/15/01

Sent amended I140 in 1st week on Jan -AVM updated on Feb 20th.
Got receipt for amended I-140 and replied to RFE with receipt
in end of Feb - AVM updated on March 2nd week.

Waiting since then