RFE 485 ON J-1 FOREIGN RESIDENCE REQUIREMENT//am i subject to it?? Deadline, pls advise

Almas

Registered Users (C)
Please advise,
I received an RFE on my 485 asking evidence that i am not subject to the 2 YHRR.
2001-2003 on J-1, reciprocal exchange program between US and european university
Program sponsor starts with P
J-1 stamps state "not subject to"
Initial IAP 66: no box have been checked by officer as to whether i am subject or not
My country is and was not on the skills list
on the IAP66 the box "program sponsor did not recieve any funding from US/foreign/international organization is checked
After the J-1 was completed, i went back to my home country for 3 months, apply for F-1 and it was stamped on my passport
few years later, applied for H-1B from the US (Change of status) which was approved

Finally, i am planning on adding 2 letters from both university confirming that no funding from International or gov. were provided.

Please give me your thoughts before i send it out. Thank you for your support

Funding

Personally I think you're NOT subjected, especially because the clause in your IAP-66 states clearly you didn't receive any funding from the US government/your country's government or any other int'l organization. It'll be very hard to pin a 2yhrr on you.

On the other hand, I'm hardly an immigration lawyer, so consulting one may be helpful.

Good luck!:)

Veggie, thank you for your response. So the USCIS would accept alternate evidence that i am not subject to it..other than a clear confirmation from the DOS?
Is it sufficient?
in the event that the USCIS wnats confirmation from the DOS, will the USCIS issue a 2nd RFE on the 485, a NOID? a denial? or will I be given time to respond to its request?

Thanks!