Revoking GC

m_mm

Registered Users (C)
Can the employer ask the INS to cancel the GC processing after getting the approval notice and Passport stamped,if so till what stage he can do that.
Can i do the job in a different field other than the once specified during the GC Processing without having any problems, after i leave the company which did my GC.

No way

If you dont know stuff, dont pass it. The AC21 is exactly for this. No way can employer complain to INS and GC cannot be revoked. What you are pointing to is OLD legislation

No Title

Thankyou for the information.
What if my employer wants me to work on a different job other than my skillset and i won\'t agree with him can he terminate me and inform that to the INS

No Title

My wrong i did not put it properly.The problem is i am a software engineer and my project got completed recently,after that my employer is asking me to work as a recruiter/marketing exec. So, my question was if i do not agree with him can he terminate me and inform that to the INS.

No Title

I don\'t think JoeF is wrong. The key here is one\'s intent. If you read the paper by Gotcher, Richmond &Associates, LLP, you should get a very good idea of this issue. Again, AC21\'s section 106(c) is very vague and INS has yet to enact final regulation on it. One cannot simply rely on this law at this point.

What if the department is relocating to 20 miles farther, is this a legitimate reason to quit?

Question of informing Employer

I used my own attorney to process my GC. Ofcourse he got all papers from the company. Now i have got my GC stamped in passport waiting for my "greencard". Should i inform my employer and send the zerox copy of my passport stamping to my employer. If i donot do that, am i wrong ? What are the pros and cons of sending that to employer in case we do quit the job in future... due to market conditions.. That is, will that provide the employer with more accurate details to complain to INS etc ?