Revised July Visa Bulletin: EBs no longer current

alex2d2

Registered Users (C)
Revised July Visa Bulletin: EBs no longer current?!?

AILA is hearing from multiple sources that a revised Visa Bulletin might be pushed out by the State Dept. on Monday rendering most categories severely retrogressed. My lawyers are taking a wait and watch approach and not sending in any applications on Monday. If this turns out to be true, it would be a big blow to all, especially those who have spend hundreds on medical exams.

http://www.aila.org/RecentPosting/RecentPostingList.aspx
http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=22796

Last edited by a moderator:
Big Harassment

This is big mental and financial Harassment. Lots of immigrants became mad with current situation and spend lots of money.

For all possible reasons this news could just be a rumor. IMHO, All July filers should stick to their original plan of filing.

LATEST FROM OH LAW WEB SITE:

06/29/2007: American Immigration Law Foundation (AILF) Seeks Plaintiffs for the Lawsuit on Visa Bulletin Fiasco

"The AILF is an affiliate of the AILA and its litigation arm. They are seeking the victims who would participate as plaintiffs in the lawsuit by the organization against the government agencies relating to the outrageous and lawlessness of the agencies involving the management of immigrant visa numbers and implementing the visa bulletin in compliance with the law. Please contact your attorneys if you are willing to participate in the lawsuit."

I would love to join the lawsuit and would even love more if Lou Dobbs (The Category '0' skill-level idiot) is included in the lawsuit. I will even contribute to the law suit because the idiot Lou narrates all H1B immigrants as cheap and unskilled labor.

Murthy.com Update...

DOS Expected to Revise July Visa Bulletin
Posted Jun 29, 2007

We have received news from the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) that they have reliable information that the July Visa Bulletin will be revised on Monday, July 2nd, or Tuesday, July 3rd. This Visa Bulletin is expected to retrogress many of the categories that were announced as being "Current" for July. It is expected that at least some of the categories will become completely "unavailable." The reason for this is that the USCIS apparently engaged in extraordinary efforts to approve cases in June, once there was some forward movement of the Visa Bulletin. They did this to try to avoid the tide of cases expected in July. Each green card approval uses one visa number. If the numbers are all used for the year, then the DOS will issue a revised Visa Bulletin reflecting "unavailable" in the particular category or categories.

DOS Input

While there is no 100 percent assurance about this matter, we at the Murthy Law Firm were given a 95-98 percent confirmation of the expectation regarding the Visa Bulletin by a very reliable source. The most vulnerable categories, of course, are those that are typically the victims of retrogression: EB2 and EB3 for India, China, and (potentially) Mexico. If this unprecedented action should occur, it will mean is that the USCIS will reject I-485 cases based upon the anticipated Visa Bulletin revision, if it should, in fact indicate that visa numbers are not available in a particular category.

Legal Fight Brewing

There is substantial legal wrangling ongoing because of the anticipation of this unprecedented occurrence. The American Immigration Law Foundation (AILF) has announced plans to file suit against the USCIS for any cases rejected due to a revised Visa Bulletin.

Conclusion

It is difficult to formulate words in reaction to this matter. So, for the time being, we will let our clients and readers know that our full sympathies are with them, as they anxiously face the unknown, preparing for potential disappointment once again. We also let them know that we have been long-time supporters and contributors to AILF and we will fully do our part to fight what comes.

Hi Alex,
The title for this discussion seems little confusing because the revised July Bulletin is not a reality yet. So if you could change the heading to or prefix a word "Possible" it would be more meaningful
AILA is hearing from multiple sources that a revised Visa Bulletin might be pushed out by the State Dept. on Monday rendering most categories severely retrogressed. My lawyers are taking a wait and watch approach and not sending in any applications on Monday. If this turns out to be true, it would be a big blow to all, especially those who have spend hundreds on medical exams.

In a couple of days, we will know whether its real and at the same time whether this thread would continue roaring or die.

Hi Alex,
The title for this discussion seems little confusing because the revised July Bulletin is not a reality yet. So if you could change the heading to or prefix a word "Possible" it would be more meaningful

"95-98 percent confirmation" seems like a certainty to me. But just to please you I have added a question mark at the end of the title.

how does one compute "percent confirmation"?

Well, the folks at Murthy may or may not be statisticians, but I am certainly curious how they arrived at their measure of likelihood.

What does "95-98 percent confirmation" mean? Did Murthy talk to 100 people at USCIS/AILA/DOS out of which 95 said YES, 3 said MAYBE, and 2 said NO? Or did folks at Murthy know for sure and decided to say 95-98% confirmation to allow them a 2-5% fig leaf that prevents them from looking like fools if there was no such bulletin in July?

Any thoughts on this appreciated :)

For the record, I am no statistician, but certainly a student of the subject.

"95-98 percent confirmation" seems like a certainty to me. But just to please you I have added a question mark at the end of the title.

Well, the folks at Murthy may or may not be statisticians, but I am certainly curious how they arrived at their measure of likelihood.

What does "95-98 percent confirmation" mean? Did Murthy talk to 100 people at USCIS/AILA/DOS out of which 95 said YES, 3 said MAYBE, and 2 said NO? Or did folks at Murthy know for sure and decided to say 95-98% confirmation to allow them a 2-5% fig leaf that prevents them from looking like fools if there was no such bulletin in July?

Any thoughts on this appreciated :)

For the record, I am no statistician, but certainly a student of the subject.

They may got information from DoS officials and just gave 3-5% just in case if for example CIR will be approved on Monday 07/02/2007, and something may change position of their (DoS) management.

Anyway everything is just speculation, we have to wait for July 4th to be sure.

I don't think there will be any revision. it will be current from july 1st. otherwise , why would uscis approve so many old cases for the past two weeks. looks like they don't want the curse of old cases anymore. they approved crazily as if they were getting approval bonus.

Well, here's Murthy's take. But simply, if CIS approved so many cases so far (and they did), the visa numbers decrease, not increase. If decreased to zero, no availability. Hence a revision. I'm hoping they won't do it... this uncertainty is just insane.

We think that, apparently, the reason for this strange unfolding of events is that, by completing adjudication of an unprecedented number of I-485 cases, the USCIS is pushing the DOS to issue a revised Visa Bulletin early next week. The goal of USCIS appears to be to make the immigrant visa numbers "unavailable" as early as possible by exhausting the entire visa numbers for fiscal year 2007 (until Sep 30, 2007). There is a lot of speculation as to the reason for this, including that the USCIS does not want too many I-485 cases to be filed while they are trying to clear their backlogs and that they want people to pay the substantially higher USCIS filing fees that will take effect from July 27, 2007 onwards. What ever the reason, we believe their actions are not acceptable and are in violation of the law.

I don't think there will be any revision. it will be current from july 1st. otherwise , why would uscis approve so many old cases for the past two weeks. looks like they don't want the curse of old cases anymore. they approved crazily as if they were getting approval bonus.

For God's sake and yourself's sake, kept your mind in one direction: RUSh your I-485 right on 1 or 2 July, do not be distracted from any information source . That's the one advantage of filing AOS by yourself : you totally control the timing of filng AOS !!!

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3263.html

Now what?

What does that mean?

Will they stop taking application in? Or previous applications which are not opened yet will not be considered?

Need expert advice

-- That means USCIS just shoved its big right foot in to hard working, tax paying legal immigrant's ass** soooo deep that we can taste its foot thumb in our mouth.

-- Now to answer your question ,USUIS will not accept any EB-AOS applications from today until further notified (i.e till Oct' 1st i guess)

Hey! if you can't do anything about it. atleast laugh about it, that is my take about the current situation :)

Good Luck fellas :)

From AILA website ... Should I File My I-485 Applications?

USCIS announced this afternoon that, effective today, it is rejecting all employment-based adjustment of status applications where the priority date is not current under the revised visa bulletin. [AILA InfoNet Document Number 07070265]. USCIS Service Center Operations has advised AILA liaison that it will be rejecting ALL employment-based adjustment of status applications received beginning today.

So, Do I Keep Filing?

Many members have asked whether they should keep filing employment-based adjustment applications in light of today's announcement by the Department of State that there will be no further authorizations of visa numbers for employment preferences and the announcement by USCIS referenced above. This is, of course, a decision each applicant must make and each attorney must advise in his or her best judgment. However, following are some factors to keep in mind:

AILF's Legal Action Center is preparing to litigate. Plaintiffs and class members whose applications were rejected or returned would have the strongest legal claims and have the strongest claims to benefit from a favorable result.

Some case law indicates that where an applicant or their attorney did not apply or permitted the agency to "front desk" an application (turned the applicant away without evidence they had applied) those beneficiaries were not eligible for the remedies ordered by the court.

So send your package and tell your lawyer to talk to AILA.

Thanks