revcd letter upon initiating case inquiry

skar

Registered Users (C)
The letter says :

"The status of this service request is : Our computer systems show that your petition/application is still pending service consideration. You may obtain status telephonically thru our automated ........"

I wonder what they meant by "pending service consideration". Does that mean that its waiting for the IIO to work on it ?
Did anyone recieve similar text on the letter from BCIS ?

yes I too recieved the same info 2months back.it is not a case specific answer it is a general one which they give to all to buy some time.

similar reply

hey, I had too made an inquiry on August 2nd week and got a exact same reply yesterday...word to word matching.
Even I was wondering what does this "service consideration" exactly means. Can anyone throw some light here?
Does it mean that it has yet to be assigned?

Or does it atleast indicate that our file is there and not lost or thrown in the garbage ?:D
Gurus..pls reply.

In my case , RFE was generated which means that atleast the case is assigned to an officer . So this "pending service consideration" not necessarily mean yet to be assigned to officer .

I think it just means that the case is waiting to be looked at by an officer . In my case that officer needs to trigger 2nd FP ! You just dont know how BCIS works , cant find consistency here .

I don't know if that is a safe assumption. Who knows with all the trainee program at BCIS, which schmuck looked into our cases and generated an RFE. There was a rash of RFE's issued around that time for Dec cases. Looking at recent processing pattern for EAC-02-069-52XXX cases, I discovered that nearly 50% of them were transferred. Looks like this is how they meet their processing timeframe constraints. Sad but true!

Originally posted by skar
In my case , RFE was generated which means that atleast the case is assigned to an officer . So this "pending service consideration" not necessarily mean yet to be assigned to officer .

I think it just means that the case is waiting to be looked at by an officer . In my case that officer needs to trigger 2nd FP ! You just dont know how BCIS works , cant find consistency here .

maybe...

May be after receiving RFE response they re-assign the case and your case is waiting to be re-assigned. I too have initiated a query. Let's see what I get... I would be happy even if I get a 2nd FP notice...

Goodluck to all!