Revalidation Time @ St. Louis

awe123

Anybody have received their passport with stamped visa recently ?

Its almost a month now since I sent mine to them...

Any update is appreciated.

Is Original I-797 required for stamping by mail

I am planning to revalidate my visa thru state dept by mail. The current stamp in passport is upto March 31, 2001. Is original I-797 required to send to state dept or photocopy is OK. Please give a reply.

Good to hear

n v that u got your passport back.

I have sent mine before you and still waiting to receive it back.

Any way thanks for your info.

Is Original I-797 required for stamping by mail

I am planning to revalidate my visa thru state dept by mail. The current stamp in passport is upto March 31, 2001. Is original I-797 required to send to state dept or photocopy is OK. Please give a reply.

well, I have sent

the original I-797 to the state department.

Of course, PhotoCopy will do and no need to send the original, I still sent my original notice of approval as my I-94 card is expired and the new card is with the approval notice.

Remember you need to send the Original I-94 Card.

I could have deattached my I-94 card from the I-797 and sent it.

But I did not do that way. I have sent the Original I-797 for stamping. And still waiting for my passport and I-797.

Soory to disagree

You have to send the original I797 (with the I94 still attached at the bottom right hand corner) and the actual original I94 on the passport.

Even though you would say the system is all computerized and information flow should be automatic, it is not so.

Best of luck. Any new revalidations by the way.

I sent mine on Sept 14, reached DOS on Sept 17.

SGupta

Original 797 NOT needed

see the DOS website
http://www.travel.state.gov/hlop.html
It says
"(3) A valid employment petition (Form I-797) issued by the INS must be submitted. The form will indicate the applicant’s current employer and the approved extension of temporary stay. A photocopy is acceptable. "

Original I-797 NOT required

see the DOS website
http://www.travel.state.gov/hlop.html
It says
"(3) A valid employment petition (Form I-797) issued by the INS must be submitted. The form will indicate the applicant’s current employer and the approved extension of temporary stay. A photocopy is acceptable. "