Revalidation Set to End on July 16, 2004

kaul said:
My present I-94 is valid till 20-Sep-2004 and I have already got my extension. Do I have to wait until after my present visa expires to get my visa restamped, or can I do it now? I am an Indian citizen and Canadian PR, visiting Canada frequently.

Yes, you can apply before your visa expires.
BTW, your I-94 expiration date isn't necessarily the Visa expiration date (they're usually the same). Check the expiration date on the Visa.

Capt Sparrow

Thanks for your help the last time .. I just got my new H1 approved on 9/23. Haven't recd the letter as yet, but checked the status and it showed that I129 petition for a nonimmigrant worker was approved. The visa in my passport has already expired and I need to travel internationally for work. Will I need to go back to India to get my new visa stamped or can that still be done in Canada/Mexico? THanks in advance

Canada/Mexico is possible

seinfeld said:
Capt Sparrow

Thanks for your help the last time .. I just got my new H1 approved on 9/23. Haven't recd the letter as yet, but checked the status and it showed that I129 petition for a nonimmigrant worker was approved. The visa in my passport has already expired and I need to travel internationally for work. Will I need to go back to India to get my new visa stamped or can that still be done in Canada/Mexico? THanks in advance

Congrats for your H1 approval. No need to go to India - you can obtain a visa in US consulates in Canada/Mexico. You just have to get set an appointment in advance with them.

Capt Sparrow
Can I apply for the visa in Can/Mex even though this new approval is based on a completely new H1B. It was not an extension of my old H1B. My position within the company changed so they had applied for my new H1B based on my new position. Thanks for all your help

Yes

seinfeld said:
Capt Sparrow
Can I apply for the visa in Can/Mex even though this new approval is based on a completely new H1B. It was not an extension of my old H1B. My position within the company changed so they had applied for my new H1B based on my new position. Thanks for all your help

Yes you can.
Lookup information about specific consulates (policies, waiting times) in this website:
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/questions_embassy.html