Returning to COP issue on newspapers

doctorn said:
Yes, I am

You are saying austrian embassy asked you to surrender your NP even with you having a gc in hand?

Also why don't you use RP instead of RTD???? Any specific reasons?

wantmygcnow said:
You are saying austrian embassy asked you to surrender your NP even with you having a gc in hand?

Also why don't you use RP instead of RTD???? Any specific reasons?
The fact that I have a GC did not seem to matter. All they cared about was the fact that I had a RTD instead of the NP and their questioning started from there.I am not very familiar with the RP, is that a better option for travel? Plus, I remember that German and French embassies will not issue a visa on the RP. In the case wit Austria, they were questioning everything except the person's NP. They even have that info on their website - if a person has a document other than NP, they need documentation to explain why they dont have a NP.... I failed to read this before going there.
Anyway, how useful is a RP? Please share what you know about this.

doctorn said:
The fact that I have a GC did not seem to matter. All they cared about was the fact that I had a RTD instead of the NP and their questioning started from there.I am not very familiar with the RP, is that a better option for travel? Plus, I remember that German and French embassies will not issue a visa on the RP. In the case wit Austria, they were questioning everything except the person's NP. They even have that info on their website - if a person has a document other than NP, they need documentation to explain why they dont have a NP.... I failed to read this before going there.
Anyway, how useful is a RP? Please share what you know about this.

Rentry Permit is valid for 2 years..Looks like a RTD, german embassy accepts it. I am going to go to Germany in a month on that and hopefully I get a visa on it. I also have a NP so I will take NP + RP and see which one they want. You can have a NP & RP at the same time but not RTD AND NP.

wantmygcnow said:
Rentry Permit is valid for 2 years..Looks like a RTD, german embassy accepts it. I am going to go to Germany in a month on that and hopefully I get a visa on it. I also have a NP so I will take NP + RP and see which one they want. You can have a NP & RP at the same time but not RTD AND NP.
Am I understanding this correctly - I need the NP+RP to travel? My NP expires this year and I am not going to renew it. I guess, I will continue with the RTD, especially now when I know how to expedite it. Will write to the VA Congressman.
:D

doctorn said:
Am I understanding this correctly - I need the NP+RP to travel? My NP expires this year and I am not going to renew it. I guess, I will continue with the RTD, especially now when I know how to expedite it. Will write to the VA Congressman.
:D

If you dont want to use NP, you can use RP without any problems.

SINNERSROOM said:
i dont know why there is an exception for cubans :eek:

Because they have lots of reps & lobbyists fighting for them in congress.Thats why 1967 cuban adjustment act was created.

LPR & Immigrants

Asylees unfortunately live in a paradox: being LPRs but not considered as
immigrants. Indeed, they're always asylees even after obtaining LPR status.
In fact, LPR status is a way to enable asylees to become citizens if they are
not able to return to COP. Citizenship has to be obtained through LPR.
This in fact is a help from US to refugees/asylees so that they can establish
themselves in this country and not live in limbo forever.

The fact sheet is telling people that asylum is not a path to immigration, but
a humanitarian benefit. if your claim to asylum was genuine, you are welcome to settle in the country and even are offered a chance to become a citizenship of this country (adopted country) but if your claim was a fraud we will get you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fact shhet

Does anyone has a link to fact sheet?
Or where I can find this fact sheet.
Thanks.