Returning Resident

Yanall

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone,

This question is for the gurus..I have lost my green card, travel document, ss card, and almost everything while being away from the country I had medical incapacitation and couldn't come back in the one year limit..so after I got better I applied for a returning resident application and it was approved..but now they want me to file form DS 230 and submit forms from a sponsor from the US, I don't have any family in the US except myself, I am so confused as to where to begin collecting the paper work that they require...but I have a friend who is willing to sponsor me...he is retired and a teacher..I am originally an asylee was granted asylum in 2000 and I am on SSDI (Social Security Disability Insurance)...in their instructions they need a completed and signed Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) from the petitioner and then they ask frin the Beneficiaries of special immigrant categories like returning residents which is me to submit a notarized of I-134 Affidavit of Support, W2 pay, and recent tax returns from their sponsors. Thanks in advance and only gurus please answer or people who have experience in this. Again thanks in Advance.:)