Returning resident permit

raja986

Registered Users (C)
Hello- did any one took Returning resident permit for canada because of
studying abroad. I got Permanent residence from that time i was in USA and the six month window is expiring. i need to get Returning resident permit based on studying abroad. Which is the best way and i heared that if i never stayed in canada not couple of days. if i dont stay for long time my returning resident will be rejected.I am planning to apply as i am going to study in india for MBA.

You have to apply for RRP from the country where you are going to study

You have to apply for RRP from the country where you are going to study. I did the same thing. Actually only in certain cases you can apply for RRP in canada. I came to us for study and applied for RRP here and got it like in 3 months. As long as your intension is not to stay away from canada. You should not be getting any problem in getting RRP. It\'s very straight forward.

Good Luck for RRP.

Contact me if you have any further problem. I can provide you with guidence. You can write down here and i will reply. Generally i don\'t see this portion of FAQ but from now on for couple of weeks i will check if you require more information. I can help you out.

Regards

Thanks for your coopration

I am planning to apply RRP in canada to study in USA in comunity collage for one year. How long do they take to give RRP if i go in person.Do they ask any questions and what documents is good to get RRP. Comunity collage is good right.

Need Help

I am currently living in Chicago on H1B visa and my Canadian PR is expiring on March 31st,2002. I am planning on applying for Returning Resident Permit....Can anybody tell me how long does it take to get the RRP? I mean can I get it by March 31,2002 and do they need my passport?

Any help would be appreciated.

does it matter full time or part time student?

If I\'m enrolled in a school in the US. Does it matter to be full time or part time student in order RRP to be approved? Thanks.

Mistake: Now 6 months & forgot to apply for RRP

Please, does any body know if C-11 is retroactive?

I have been away for exactly 6 months (I landed in Sep 2001 & went back to the US to finish my studies).

Should I apply for RRP or just wait for C-11 in June 2002?.

Thanks

Ray, Thanks so much.

I just wanted to hear an advice for a LONG TIME. Thanks.

FYI, I heard if I travel by land using a train/bus, the immigration officer doesn\'t check if I exceeded the 6 months limit. I also know that Canadian immigration officers check people who travel with foreign plates like my car.
If this is so, then I have to figure out a way to sell my car because it has US plate numbers before I permanently immigrate by bus/train.
I am now thinking of going to Canada and take the driving test before I immigrate permanently.

PLEASE HELP !!!! Does it matter if I\'m part-time or full-time student for my RRP to be accepted ???

No Title

McGoo, would you please tell us what type of evidence you presented and why they did not accept them. Thanks.