retrogression

yoginky

HI Folks

I need help with my situation.
I am in my 7th year of H1B, I have my I140 clear my PD is Feb 2003. Waiting to file 485. The company i work for is bought over by anather compnay. The new company is ready to hire me. But Now with retrogression to situation going back to 98. what are my options?

Any info in thsi situation is appreciated.

since your 140 is approved you can file for 8thyear extension on your h1b1, and have your new employer file for a perm labor and get the full course done thru them.

Since your company was bought over by the new one I am not sure if they would "inherit" your case as a sponsor if they do then you have to wait till the dates become current to file for your 485.

good luck

yoginky said:
HI Folks

I am in my 7th year of H1B, I have my I140 clear my PD is Feb 2003. Waiting to file 485. The company i work for is bought over by anather compnay. The new company is ready to hire me. But Now with retrogression to situation going back to 98. what are my options?

No problem. Since your I140 is clear, the new company can apply 3 more years H1B ext. for you (Do it every 3 years). All application LC, I140 could be carried over to new company (They just need to send update)

yoginky said:
HI Folks

Talk to your attorney to find out if you can file 485 by 09/30. If so, you are good and will get your EAD soon. If not, theny you have long wait.