Retrogression Expected in Fall 07

I am EB3 ROW - PD of 11/11/2005.

Is it reasonable to expect that EB3 ROW may move to my date date this summer?

I am trying to decide should I go for medicals and start gathering my docs for I-485 (if it opens up for me)...

What do you guys think?

I am in the same boat as felix31. Anyone ideas guys ? All I can think of is getting my original birthcert from back home. Otherwise medical stuff should be all ok. (one day - 10 shots :)

I am in the same boat as felix31. Anyone ideas guys ? All I can think of is getting my original birthcert from back home. Otherwise medical stuff should be all ok. (one day - 10 shots :)

Nabeel1, felix31;

Your PD will definitely be current on July 07.
You can wait until the first week of June and make appointments for Medical Exam anytime after June 15-18 which is when the July VB will be published.

If your PD does not become current then cancel the appointment.

Remember that you will not be able to apply until July 1st, which gives you about 15 to 18 days to have everything ready.

Good luck.

andy

Thank you Andy Garcia ! Although its very hard to figure out which way INS is going to go with the dates, your post gives me some positive insights for the future. Thanks !

Dear Jackolantern,
My PD is Aug 01 2005 for EB3 worldwide. Do you think that I might be current to apply in July so that I can start gathering all the paperwork? Also, if they move the cut off date to Aug 01 2005, would I be able to apply or I have to wait until it is Sep 01 2005? I have never read anything explaining when to apply if the PD date coincides with the cut off date..
Thank you!

Sonya

You can file the I-485 without the medical, but then USCIS will send you an RFE about it which could delay things. So it's better to have done it up front. You bring the records to the designated doctor, not the interview.

But please clarify your country and priority date. If your PD is really in 2007, you can't expect to be able to file the 485 anytime soon (although it's not impossible) unless you are from ROW or in EB1.

hi jackolantern,
I am sorry there was typing error. My PD is July,14th 03. I am from India EB3.

Anybody in EB3 ROW with PD in late 2005, or EB3 India with PD in late 2003 should be prepared for the possibility of becoming current within the next few months. That doesn't mean it will happen, but things are close enough that it is a distinct possibility.

The whopping number of cases scheduled for interviews at Consulates!

I am amazed at the huge number of interviews being scheduled at Chennai and Mumbai. The quick revision of the schedule of interviews done by "Amchi Mumbai" gave me a surge of adrenalin! My count was nearly 70 each for E3 at each of these consulates! I feel like crying "way to go"!

Wake up Delhi, publish the schedule it is May20th!

I am also concerned! If these 2 consulates consume say 450 E3 visas in a month, how much would get used at USCIS while approving 485s! Say ten or twenty times that! Hope the good times keep rolling! I am so close, I can smell it!

H
PD 07/??/2003
Papers are in Chennai for last 30 months!

Jackolantern,

Thank you for all the good advice you give. What do you think about mine? My priority date is Jan 2006 for EB3 Romania. My I-140 was approved last year.

What do you think is the chance I can submit my adjustment of status soon?

Thank you,
Alina

Your signature is very funny, by the way ... :)

Jackolantern,

Thank you for all the good advice you give. What do you think about mine? My priority date is Jan 2006 for EB3 Romania. My I-140 was approved last year.

What do you think is the chance I can submit my adjustment of status soon?
It could take one month or it could take three years. Nobody except USCIS insiders can say when the dates will move with any confidence. They are crazy and unpredictable. But you should be prepared for the possibility of it becoming current soon, and start getting time-consuming tasks out of the way like the medical and gathering hard-to-find documents. If it ends up taking much longer than expected to become current, doing those things early won't be a waste; you'll already have most or all of the documents in hand, and even if you have to redo the medical it will be simpler next time (you won't have to get all the shots done again, if you have to get any done at all).

Regarding EB2 PD

Hello Jackolantern,

My PD 02/10/2005 EB2 india. Do you think in coming few months it will become current ? Your advice in this matter will be appreciated.

Hi;
My PD is 5th DEC 2006 - EB3 INDIA and I have I140 approved. when do you think it will be current.

eb2 priority date

Hi, My priority date is in sep 10th 2006. I applied in eb2 category. Now i got my i-140 approval also. Anyone have any idea, when my priority date will be current?

Thanks.

After me! Sep 2006, kidding me...:p :p Get a number to get into a queue to ask that question.

Hi, My priority date is in sep 10th 2006. I applied in eb2 category. Now i got my i-140 approval also. Anyone have any idea, when my priority date will be current?

Thanks.

My Priority date is 11/22/2005 in EB2

Hi

My Priority date is 11/22/2005 in EB2. My I-140 also approved long time back. Can I expect my priority date to be current in few months. Shall I schedule for medical and sent all my documents to my attorney for review. I know noboday can guarntee that, but how much chances, so that we can have things ready.

Thanks
Kiru

Please file with medical!!

You can file the I-485 without the medical, but then USCIS will send you an RFE about it which could delay things. So it's better to have done it up front. You bring the records to the designated doctor, not the interview.

But please clarify your country and priority date. If your PD is really in 2007, you can't expect to be able to file the 485 anytime soon (although it's not impossible) unless you are from ROW or in EB1.
As per their SOP USCIS requires you to submit Medical with I-485. Earlier USCIS was issuing RFE incase medical was not supplied. They can start rejecting I-485 without medical at any time. So please do not take any risks.

485_SPOUSE