Retrogression dates going forward and Cases approved

atldolwait

Registered Users (C)
I dont see many approved messages in either of the 485 forums as dates keep moving in last 6 months .
Does anyone have any idea on this ?
( I regularly go thru Texas forum and I usually see atlead 10 appvd msgs / day in last year . May be one reason is that not very many people are in that date range .Other factor is that USCIS is in restructuring mood and sorting the paperworks )

Any thoughts ?

Thats any easy one ...

atldolwait said:
I dont see many approved messages in either of the 485 forums as dates keep moving in last 6 months .
Does anyone have any idea on this ?
( I regularly go thru Texas forum and I usually see atlead 10 appvd msgs / day in last year . May be one reason is that not very many people are in that date range .Other factor is that USCIS is in restructuring mood and sorting the paperworks )

Any thoughts ?

atldolwait,

Its pretty simple actually. The current retrogression is not based on the number of pending 485 cases at the various Service Centers. It is based purely on speculation/anticipation of thousands of 245i cases flooding the system. The DOS and USCIS miscalculated the speed at which 245i cases would come into the system. Over the past 6-7 months, very few 245i cases have come through the Labor process and the USCIS has been sitting around doing pretty much nothing. In reality there aren't to many non-245i cases with PDs before 2002 in all EB categories. That is the reason you are not seeing any approvals. Most people with PDs prior to and including 01 have been approved. If the current trend continues then most of the visas in 2006 will be go unused and hence be totally wasted. This is all the more possible because most 245i cases are projected to get into the system towards the end of 06.

Another theory that I have is that 245i cases are a cover for USCIS and DOS to get their acttogether. They want to implement a FIFO policy and the only way to start from scratch was to send the PDs into oblivion. Now they are taking their time to streamline the process and work on older cases. As stupid and unplanned as this retrogression looks to us, there are numerous reasons behind it.

regards,

saras76

regards,

saras76

Last edited by a moderator:
To achieve 6 months processing time

This whole retrogression is a sham to enable USCIS meet the goal of less than 6 months processing time promised to the lawmakers.
Please see an extract from Senator Cornyn's reply to me:
In the wake of customer complaints and concerns voiced by elected officials, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has informed my office that it is committed to ensuring six-month processing times for all applications and petitions by the close of 2006. Though the USCIS security check process is time consuming, USCIS reforms will not compromise national security in any way. USCIS officials reported recently that streamlining efforts, together with additional resources from Congress, have enabled it to reduce the backlog for many applications. Officials are confident they will achieve their goal for all applications. I applaud this commitment to customer service and look forward to a time when all who seek to visit or immigrate to America receive a prompt decision.
ENDQUOTE
I am sure USCIS will not utilize this year's quota of GCs

Last edited by a moderator:
From district office

newyorkuser said:
How do we know when a name check is cleared ? Or if a clearing is in the process ?
During my visit to Dallas district office to check the status of my case, I asked whether the name check has been cleared for myself and my dependents. That is how I came to know that while the name check had been cleared for all of us except my younger son. For my younger son, USCIS forgot to initiate the namecheck (he was only 14 years old when we applied for I-485 but was 16 by the time the file was transferred to local office); I was asked to fill up a form requesting them to initiate the namecheck. After a few months of my request they initiated the namecheck and it was completed shortly thereafter.

Dallas03096 said:
This whole retrogression is a sham to enable USCIS meet the goal of less than 6 months processing time promised to the lawmakers.
Please see an extract from Senator Cornyn's reply to me:
In the wake of customer complaints and concerns voiced by elected officials, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has informed my office that it is committed to ensuring six-month processing times for all applications and petitions by the close of 2006. Though the USCIS security check process is time consuming, USCIS reforms will not compromise national security in any way. USCIS officials reported recently that streamlining efforts, together with additional resources from Congress, have enabled it to reduce the backlog for many applications. Officials are confident they will achieve their goal for all applications. I applaud this commitment to customer service and look forward to a time when all who seek to visit or immigrate to America receive a prompt decision.
ENDQUOTE
I am sure USCIS will not utilize this year's quota of GCs

I am still trying to understand what this six-month processing time means. Does it mean whoever has applied I-485, six months before the deadline which is September 2006, will be approved in September 2006? I have asked this question to couple of immigration attorneys but no one has any answer?

Conditional Yes

ak_new_member said:
I am still trying to understand what this six-month processing time means. Does it mean whoever has applied I-485, six months before the deadline which is September 2006, will be approved in September 2006?
Yes provided that the namecheck has been cleared and visa numbers are available.

Dallas03096 said:
Yes provided that the namecheck has been cleared and visa numbers are available.
So they make visa numbers unavailable to 99% of applicants so they can process the other 1% in six months.

So they are just giving another name to the game of their inefficient system. Logically they should approve everyone, of course if they are approvable, whose I-485 application has been accepted and is in the pipeline for more than six months. Otherwise it is meaningless to say that they have reduced the processing time to six months.

We are all finally getting it ...

Guys and Gals,

It is refreshing to see that people are finally coming around to figuring out the motives of this retrogression. The key is that Retrogressed cases are "NOT CONSIDERED" BACKLOGGED because acorrding to USCIS, their aren't any visa numbers available. The USCIS and DOL have thrown the ball in Congresses court by retrogressing every category by several years. With the retrogression in place and a few hundred cases to actively work on, the USCIS can claim that they have met the 6 month target. It is such a scam. If anyone questions them on the thousands of pending cases, they will state that their aren't any visa numbers available and that is totally out of their control, only Congress can fix that problem.

To put it in a nutshell, they have reached their 6 month approval target by preventing most applicants from filing 485s and making most pending cases ineligible for approval because of a supposed lack of visa numbers. Its actually a brilliant strategy. The only problem is that we are getting screwed over because of their games.

regards,

saras76

Operation Successful But Patient died

saras76 said:
Guys and Gals,

To put it in a nutshell, they have reached their 6 month approval target by preventing most applicants from filing 485s and making most pending cases ineligible for approval because of a supposed lack of visa numbers. Its actually a brilliant strategy. The only problem is that we are getting screwed over because of their games.

This is what is called "Operation Successful But Patient died" :mad:

what abt people who are approvable ?

Can someone with 485 pending and whose Date is current and case is still not approved post their details ?

In this case , you cant have any other excuse .In this way we will know it is not retrogression that is holding them up .

Thanks

The biggest excuse of them all ...

atldolwait said:
Can someone with 485 pending and whose Date is current and case is still not approved post their details ?

In this case , you cant have any other excuse .In this way we will know it is not retrogression that is holding them up .

Thanks

atldolwait,

In an instance where the PD is current and the case stays pending, the excuse is that "Security Check is pending". This can be "Name Check" or "Back Ground Check". When it comes to excuses, you cannot beat the USCIS.

regards,

saras76

all the fresh filers of 485 will be approved in less than 180 days

folks who become current with PD again would be approved in less than 180 days so they remain in 6 months target there too as they fall into eligibility only after the PD becomes current
atldolwait said:

Thanks

If not transferred to another blackhole called district office

nato said:
folks who become current with PD again would be approved in less than 180 days so they remain in 6 months target there too as they fall into eligibility only after the PD becomes current
Not all folks because some fall into a black hole called transfer to district office for interview as it happened to me.

PD current but I485 approval still awaited

Very well said. I am one sufferer.
EB1 category
Concurrent filling at VSC
I-140
Priority Date April 27 2004
Receipt Date May 5 2004
Approved Date March 11, 2005

First Biometrics on April 6 2005

I485
Received Date April 28, 2004
Notice Date May 5, 2004

Reason for delay: Security check

Cheers,
Vikas

saras76 said:
atldolwait,

In an instance where the PD is current and the case stays pending, the excuse is that "Security Check is pending". This can be "Name Check" or "Back Ground Check". When it comes to excuses, you cannot beat the USCIS.

regards,

saras76

How did you find out ?

How did you find out that your wait is because of SECURITY CHECK ?

"Reason for delay: Security check"

Help pls

USCIS_GC_APPRO said:
Go to http://infopass.uscis.gov/

1). Click here for English

2). Make your appointment

3). Enter your ZIp code and click on Continue

4).Continue

5). You wish to speak to an immigration officer

My case is with NSC.Can I take an appt even if my case is not with local application center? I need to drive 100 miles to talk to an imm officer. I want to make sure that they can tell me something other than the message that we see on USCIS site.

Thanks