Retrogression and forward movement with new years quota

santosh_30

Registered Users (C)
Guys....

Do you think there will be significant forward movement when the 140000 quota is available for this coming year in January or has that quota already been considered in calculating the cut-off dates. If that quota has not been used, then there may be some appreciable forward movement.

Santosh

simple calc taken for retro by them is

750K pending EB 485
300K backlog labor in BEC
1000K Demand
140K supply
===7 yrs i.e. the backlog to meet the already exisiting demand, and obviously they established the oldest date in the system to get the cutoff, a very simple math here. dates should move forward to about mid 2000 shortly but beyond 2001 no way for next 2 years unless any proposal is passed
santosh_30 said:
Guys....

Do you think there will be significant forward movement when the 140000 quota is available for this coming year in January or has that quota already been considered in calculating the cut-off dates. If that quota has not been used, then there may be some appreciable forward movement.

Santosh

FY 2006 is from Oct 2005- Sep 2006. So, counting for those 140,000 numbers has already begun. Also, in each of the first 3 quarters, not more than 27% green cards can be issued. It seems to be difficult to predict the cut-off date movements.

santosh_30 said:
Guys....

Santosh

Backlogged LCs = 345000
Let's assume total GCs required from today as of this moment excluding PERM LCs but including 485s/140s pending in the queue & dependants = 400000 (this is a best case scenario)

Now, let's assume 200,000 are India.
Approx. 25,620 EB visas are available for India (I assume this number includes dependants).
So at this rate 200,000/25,620 = 7.8 years at least to clear the above 200000 persons. Now, it of course depends where in the queue a person is among those 200,000 people.

Concorde....atleast your calculation shows that..............if we get perm today.....it will take 7-8 years to get GC via EB3

No hope if 1932 does not pass ?

concorde said:
Backlogged LCs = 345000
Let's assume total GCs required from today as of this moment excluding PERM LCs but including 485s/140s pending in the queue & dependants = 400000 (this is a best case scenario)

Now, let's assume 200,000 are India.
Approx. 25,620 EB visas are available for India (I assume this number includes dependants).
So at this rate 200,000/25,620 = 7.8 years at least to clear the above 200000 persons. Now, it of course depends where in the queue a person is among those 200,000 people.

June04 said:
No hope if 1932 does not pass ?

Looks like it. I do have hopes and commend the efforts of our fellow fourm members. But, I don't understand one thing. What does budget have to do with visa retrogression ? Do you think a budget bill that is ultimately passed will have something in it to address the visa retrogression?

What does it mean for US!!!!

More delay. Why they don't close the immigration process for ever. Let see how it goes???

:mad:

charlotteperson said:
Aila.org just updated their website. The reconcilliation bill has been dropped from the house :( :( :(

Exactly !!! Why make us run around all the time. ?? If no immigration is provided I dont think anybody will want to come here. The only reason people want to come here is to immigrate. And besides they need someone to feed their lazy stamp depending people too. Their social security is drying up . And the folks here are lazy ! The only way to generate social security is through immigration. How many of the immigrants take benefit from the system ? Very few ! We are not allowed to bring our parents here either - So we dnt take any benefit from the system. Our situation is like Cigarette with both ends burning. Atleast for us we will get GC sooner or later - But for the flks who just came on H1 - their situation is really very bad.

u know my situation is like a cigaretter burning on one side only......but the burning end is on my side...........and people are sucking on the other side.....

AILA news is outdated from last week...

Please check the date of the posting....AILA has posted last week's story this week. The date of the article is 11/11! The reconciliation bill is very much alive!