Retrogression and filing I485

abcd4

Registered Users (C)
We all know that retrogression is hurthing us. Inspite of that our company's newly hired attorney is suggesting that as I 140 for we three employees are certified, he would take a chance, by filing I 485 and EAD documents for us and our families. His idea is that some times USCIS make such errors/adjustments and we should do that.

I am skeptical of his such strategy. How come when retrogression is there one attorney can file I485 and can get EAD for us.

Please comment, as my saying so inside the company is bringing lots of criticism to me.

Hmmm... interesting strategy, I do not think it will work.

I guess the lawyer would then charge money for filing I485. On the other hand, I cannot think of anything negative that can happen, USCIS would just return the applicaiton back.

But the lawyer would probably keep his fee :D Win/Win for all as long as you are not paying the fee out of your pocket ??

Not a good idea

Its not a good idea... It doesn't work. My 485 is filed long time ago. Wanted to file my wife's 485 application at the time when my PD wasn't current. It came back...

My lawyer told me the same thing... I trusted him... Then application comes back... My advice... Don't do that.

My experience

abcd4 said:
We all know that retrogression is hurthing us. Inspite of that our company's newly hired attorney is suggesting that as I 140 for we three employees are certified, he would take a chance, by filing I 485 and EAD documents for us and our families. His idea is that some times USCIS make such errors/adjustments and we should do that.

I am skeptical of his such strategy. How come when retrogression is there one attorney can file I485 and can get EAD for us.

Please comment, as my saying so inside the company is bringing lots of criticism to me.

Hi,
My lawyer applied to my daughter INS sent the application back saying regression/visa number not available.He do charged me and now he is saying that he will file again after PD becomes current of mine.

I think some lawyers don't even know the law.They know after the application comes back.

Hello Guys,

I have a question. My 140 is approved few days back. As due to retro issue It can be years before I can apply for I-485. Question is Should I ask my lawyer to give me my original approved I-140, so that I can keep it with me util I am able to file I-485.

I am just concerned about it as I feel he may loose it.

Malik_Labor said:
Hello Guys,

I have a question. My 140 is approved few days back. As due to retro issue It can be years before I can apply for I-485. Question is Should I ask my lawyer to give me my original approved I-140, so that I can keep it with me util I am able to file I-485.

Get a Copy of the approved I-140 petition from the lawyer. He should not have any problem providing you a copy of your approved I-140 Thats the only thing you need. You dont need originals.

Malik_Labor said:
Hello Guys,

If you are not self petitioned your lawyer will probably not give you the original I140 approval notice. With respect to I-140 he/she formally represents your employer, not you.

Approved 140

Malik_Labor said:
Hello Guys,

The attorney may give the original only to the employer. You can request for a copy from the attorney or from the employer. May be you can request your employer for the original and they might oblige. How ever you only need a copy of the approved 140 for filing your 485, whenever that wonderful date arrives.