Retrogressed but called for Finger Printing

kesab

Registered Users (C)
Hi all ..I filed I-485 before it was retrogressed, and my PD is Nov 2003 (EB-2). But yesterday I got finger printing notice. Does it mean they will contnue to process I-485?.

Coul you please tell me if I can also take my 4 year old kid with me during finger printing? He does not need finger printing (he was born here)
.thank you very much

As per my understanding (and my lawyer confirmed this), they may look at your case and work on it even though it is retrogressed, however, they won't be able to approve it unless your PD is current. It is good news that they are processing the cases ... atleast your waiting period is being used for time consuming things like fingerprinting etc. Please share your country, PD etc ...

keep your fingers Xed

Hello Kesab
A friend of me whose PD was retrogressed got approval 3 months
ago. But he was close to the PD. Sometimes you may hear good news or
it could be a routine finger printing too. Never know..wish you all the luck.

babu

I got the fingerprinting, EAD, and AP after my EB3 I-485 retrogressed.

The only thing they won't do with a retrogressed 485 (which is already pending) is actually approve it. Everything else can proceed when they feel like it... fingerprint, name check, etc.

its my turn to give finger prints

Hello Keshab
I replied to your message and when I opened my mailbox and guess what!.
Code 3 Bio metrics for me and my wife. Keep me posted if your status change.

babu

sbabunle said:
Hello Keshab
I replied to your message and when I opened my mailbox and guess what!.
Code 3 Bio metrics for me and my wife. Keep me posted if your status change.

babu

babu, please share your PD, RD, country, service center etc ... that'll help us learn if USCIS is working on cases even though your dates retrogressed. also let us know if you received letter for biometrics or just fingerprinting or LUDs etc ... thanks!

Sorry for no details

Hello Shaf
Sorry I did not provide any details.

CSC
EB3 (India) 485/140 Concurrent OCT 2005
140 AD 04/2005
First Finger notice Nov 04
Second FP Notice ( Code 3) : 09/23/2005
thx
babu

your case will be screened and processed till your PD is current. During such time they will send RFE, FP, interview and/or official documents. So there is no surprise for them to do that. But hey that's good news at least your case is in the process or some attorney quoted in the Pipeline.

You can bring your kid only if he/she won't scream :)