Restrictive Requirements

eppo_varum_enGC

Registered Users (C)
How does DOL determines the requirement for LC is restrictive? Most of the place it is specifed foreign language as an example.

Apart from foreign language, what other factor causes restrictive requirements?

In my case, in addition to BS + 6 years experience, we have specified number of special skill requirements in Q15 of ETA750. This requirements are normal for my Senior level non-IT position (Level II).

How can an CO determines the requirements are restrictive, unless he has exposure to all the fields of engineering?

Restrictive requirements plays into effect when the requirements seems to be derived out of your resume. If you have BS + X years and the requirement is BS + X years, then that is a big red flag. That's why lawyers usually dont use all of the candidate's experience while filing for LC. Similar thing exists with skill set: If there are very specific skill set which is asked for, and your resume shows that you have only the skill set (or a very few other skills) mentioned in the LC - it will become a good case for Restrictive posting. However if the requirements are in good faith, a few supporting documents should help you to tide over any RFEs which are generated.

Originally posted by eppo_varum_enGC
How does DOL determines the requirement for LC is restrictive? Most of the place it is specifed foreign language as an example.

In my case, in addition to BS + 6 years experience, we have specified number of special skill requirements in Q15 of ETA750. This requirements are normal for my Senior level non-IT position (Level II).

How can an CO determines the requirements are restrictive, unless he has exposure to all the fields of engineering?

Get several letters atleat 2-3 from IT companies and clients those can justify the recruitment efforts and requirements respectively. All skills mentioned therein should have paragraphs.
Thats it. Get format from lawyers for these letters.

Assur,

Mine is Non-IT position. Employer has listed 7 skill sets in Q15 of ETA 750. Do you recommend to write a detailed explanation (in covering letter) for each special requirements in Q15 ?

Assur,

Mine is Non-IT position. Employer has listed 7 skill sets in Q15 of ETA 750. Do you recommend to write a detailed explanation (in covering letter) for each special requirements in Q15 ?
Letter should be on client's/Relevant company's letterheads. Mention all relevancy of skills with respect to the client's need why client require it (each skill). Why a similar services company will hire for same skills. These should be on letter heads and better noterized. But remember long way to go. Still a lots of thing to be prepared by lawyer. This is called justification what you what you published, what you produce in LC application, what client unique need is in the specific environment.