Restamping in Canada - No US degrees - Old visa valid

gchope2k6

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

I am on H1 since December 2003 (almost 3 years) and my old H1 visa is about to expire. I changed jobs (H1 transfer) and got new status valid until February 2008. I do not have any US degrees, only a BS in Computer Science from home. I have some questions:

1) If I go to Canada before my old H1 expires, is it possible to send me home for H1 stamping and also cancel my old H1, even if it is still valid ? I am thinking of returning to the US with the still valid H1 from the old company... but I'm afraid that they can cancel that too and send me home.

2) I don't have any US degrees and I read on the consulate website that they might send you home because of this (they are not able to properly evaluate foreign credentials). Does an evaluation from World Education Services or ICETS (International Credential Evaluation and Translation Services) help in this case ?

3) My wife was accussed of misrepresentation when she applied for H4 home... so I'm afraid that her bad record could affect my restamping in Canada. Do you think there is a worldwide visa database that all the consulates use ? Will they be able to see the record from another consulate ?

Thanks a lot.

I am on H1 since December 2003 (almost 3 years) and my old H1 visa is about to expire. I changed jobs (H1 transfer) and got new status valid until February 2008. I do not have any US degrees, only a BS in Computer Science from home. I have some questions:

1) If I go to Canada before my old H1 expires, is it possible to send me home for H1 stamping and also cancel my old H1, even if it is still valid ? I am thinking of returning to the US with the still valid H1 from the old company... but I'm afraid that they can cancel that too and send me home.

---- If you apply for your Hi in Canada, all the above mentioned possibilities can take place.

2) I don't have any US degrees and I read on the consulate website that they might send you home because of this (they are not able to properly evaluate foreign credentials). Does an evaluation from World Education Services or ICETS (International Credential Evaluation and Translation Services) help in this case ?

---- Certificates can be there from any agency. It is the VO who decides whethere they are sufficient or not and relevant or not

3) My wife was accussed of misrepresentation when she applied for H4 home... so I'm afraid that her bad record could affect my restamping in Canada. Do you think there is a worldwide visa database that all the consulates use ? Will they be able to see the record from another consulate ?

---- Yes, the data base of your personal record is accessible at place in the world by any US Consulate. After all it is electronic and it is nothing different from your email

---- whether the record of your wife has any bearing on your visa or not will only be decided by the VO after looking at all your details

Subramanya