Response to SR.

vicky007

Registered Users (C)
I received the reply from USCIS in response to my SR thus:

Based on your request we researched the status of this case.We are actively processing this case.However,we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time.If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please call customer service at the number provided below.

Earlier when i contacted the TSC through POJ, i had been told by one IO as Name check pending in my case and another saying it having cleared.Was hoping to get a clear picture through the SR.

Now the letter does not say anything about Name Check, it states that the case is being "actively processed" and that it needs "additional review". I have seen some posts where the applicants whose Name check was pending have received reply to SR which has clearly mentioned reason for the delay as "Case cannot be processed as Name Check/Security Check pending, wait for 6 months and ........".

Anybody else who have received reply similar to mine? Guru's please post your opinion.

Exact response.

Me and spouse opened SR's separately on June 26th and 27th and got the two responses on July 12th with the exactly same message as you mentioned.
Opened an SR for my son on July 5th and no response yet.

I called NSC around 10 times in the past 1 month and around 5/6 times talked with IO's. 3 to 4 times I got the response as my case was under extended review. Asked about what is extended review and she said they are going to do some internal checks and she don't know when. I asked one IO clearly that during Infopass, the IO told all the security checks are cleared. Her repsonse was they do some internal checks. I asked her how they are approving cases whose PD's/RD's after me, She said every case is handled differently. Then I asked are they doing any checks on my file now. She confirmed it is pending for security chesks and no one is working on it. Also she confirmed they processign by the RD and not PD.

What's the hell going on at NSC? If they need to do security checks why don't they do it now? Why my file is still waiting to be picked up even I am the old timer?

GAve 3rd FP on July 3rd and the IO confirmed she has the results of my FP. Talked with an IO at local office and he confirmed all the security checks are completed on all 3 of our cases.

I think get_gc4 also got similar repsonse and the case is approved today. I am seeing lot of approvals from NSC today with RD's 2003/2004/2005.

BTW, my details:
PD: 2001, RD: July 2003, FP1: July 2004, FP2: March 2006, FP3: July 3rd 2007

Still on 8th year H1, no company change from 2001, Passport stamped with H1-B 3 times, never be out of status, have EAD & AP never used, Own labor.
Only confusion may be me and spouse with different surnames.

What the hell they want to check? They should have feel guilty whenever they open my case.

Not able to concentrate on anything since June 2007. Waiting for ever. was faced same situation in 2005 from January to June when all friends got the green card those who applied along with me.

SOOOOOOOOOO frustating!!

My Friend,

I can completely understand your frustration. I'll be completing my 10th year H1B visa period in few months. Please see my signature.

It is really sad they don't care how long you wait. Some ppl few days and some years.....

Within a month

Based on your request we researched the status of this case.We are actively processing this case.However,we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time.If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please call customer service at the number provided below.

Earlier when i contacted the TSC through POJ, i had been told by one IO as Name check pending in my case and another saying it having cleared.Was hoping to get a clear picture through the SR.

Now the letter does not say anything about Name Check, it states that the case is being "actively processed" and that it needs "additional review". I have seen some posts where the applicants whose Name check was pending have received reply to SR which has clearly mentioned reason for the delay as "Case cannot be processed as Name Check/Security Check pending, wait for 6 months and ........".

Anybody else who have received reply similar to mine? Guru's please post your opinion.

Take my words on it buddy , just following the trends in recent approvals, your GC will be done within a MOnth. Send me a PM after you get it.

vvvunlucky,

I know your feeling. Actually, I have the exactly same frustration. We are so frustrated not because the process is long but because it is so unfair!!! This is ecpecially true when we already know the result of these checks (which is 'clear') yet we still have to unfairly wait!!!

Thanks for your support. There are only 15 to 20 2001 filers left in this forum (may be I am wrong but as per the thread I opened). Why don't they approve these few cases now?

Mine is very straight forward application. They don't need to check anything on my file. Very unique name, Master's Degree, working from 2000, Working in the same company from the start of the green card process. I don't know what else they need?

From IO at Infopass (on July 3rd) and NSC IO looks like my NC is cleared.

Taken Infopass again for today to find out about the extended review/additional security checks. And also spouses FP is expired so going to request for that.

When I had my 3rd FP on July 3rd, requested to take FP for spouse but they told us to wait for the ASC letter. But today we are going to request the IO at Infopass.

I will update with the response from Infopass later today.

vvvunlucky (i hope u will be lucky soon),

Thanks for your reply.In your first post you have mentioned that the IO told you they were doing some Internal Check while also that (some other IO?) your security check is pending.

It would be good if this confusion about whether the delay now is indeed the pending Name Check, or due to another security check which is being done by USCIS internally is cleared.

Please try to get these answers from the infopass and update us.

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where is my previous reply?

I already answered in the afternoon about I couldn't go for Infopass and my spouse did (lost my response?).

The reply from the officer to my spouse is "our files are under extended review". The IO told it seems the supervisor may look into the files for more details. He couldn't tell any more information than this when asked for the time frame or is anyone working on the case.

He couldn't allow my spouse to take 3rd FP also as he told the system is not showing the expiration of the 2nd FP.

What they need to look into? If so, why they look into the files NOW?

Very much depressing!

I read in another thread, it looks like the files under "Extended Review" will never come out. All 2003/2004/2005 files are getting approvals.

Don't know what to do now.

Thanks. But you got a response long time back as your case is waiting for a visa number.

Our cases are little different and are under extended review.

Thanks. But you got a response long time back as your case is waiting for a visa number.

Our cases are little different and are under extended review.

vvvunlucky......change your ID to something like VVVLUCKY and the luck will smile at you......I can understand the frustration...you can't really do much except wait.....It will happen on the day it has to happen...just be patient.

I opened an SR around Jun 18, still no reponse

Could anybody tell me how long it takes to get a response ?

Also, the ref# that was given to me for the SR ends with "NSC", could you guys tell me if all these ref# end with either "TSC" or "NSC" based on the SC it is pending at.

Thanks

Could anybody tell me how long it takes to get a response ?

Also, the ref# that was given to me for the SR ends with "NSC", could you guys tell me if all these ref# end with either "TSC" or "NSC" based on the SC it is pending at.

Thanks

Guys,

I opened 2 SRs in Jun/July 2007 but never got any reply from USCIS even though my case is approved now. It looks like their SR system is flawed and doesn't work correctly for Transferred cases because it goes to the center where the case was originally filed and sits there until someone at the original center opens it and redirects it to the transferred center.
The same process was confirmed by the IO, when I talked to them about my pending SRs.

could you tell us the last 3 digits of your SR ref#

Guys,

I opened 2 SRs in Jun/July 2007 but never got any reply from USCIS even though my case is approved now. It looks like their SR system is flawed and doesn't work correctly for Transferred cases because it goes to the center where the case was originally filed and sits there until someone at the original center opens it and redirects it to the transferred center.
The same process was confirmed by the IO, when I talked to them about my pending SRs.

Were they "CSC" ??

I am going thru security checks - both our surnames are different. NSC said my wife's security check is cleared, but not mine. Infopass IO said everthing is good. BUT NSC saying im not thru.

How do you get Infopass , on what basis,

because Infopass options have changed recently ?

I'm also frustated with this process but have hope and faith may be one day it will work for all of us Cheers !!!!

yea, recently they have removed the "speak to IO" option now. I had infopass last week.

I didnt loose hope, one day we will get thru it as did in labour, i140... just counting the days.

How do you get Infopass , on what basis,

because Infopass options have changed recently ?

I'm also frustated with this process but have hope and faith may be one day it will work for all of us Cheers !!!!