Response to SR - How many different types and What is the inference ?

vicky007

Registered Users (C)
I received the reply from USCIS in response to my SR thus:

Based on your request we researched the status of this case.We are actively processing this case.However,we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time.If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please call customer service at the number provided below.

Earlier when i contacted the TSC through POJ, i had been told by one IO as Name check pending in my case and another saying it having cleared.Was hoping to get a clear picture through the SR.

Now the letter does not say anything about Name Check, it states that the case is being "actively processed" and that it needs "additional review". I have seen some posts where the applicants whose Name check was pending have received reply to SR which has clearly mentioned reason for the delay as "Case cannot be processed as Name Check/Security Check pending, wait for 6 months and ........".

Anybody else who have received reply similar to mine? Guru's please post your opinion.

I received the reply from USCIS in response to my SR thus:

Based on your request we researched the status of this case.We are actively processing this case.However,we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time.If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please call customer service at the number provided below.

Earlier when i contacted the TSC through POJ, i had been told by one IO as Name check pending in my case and another saying it having cleared.Was hoping to get a clear picture through the SR.

Now the letter does not say anything about Name Check, it states that the case is being "actively processed" and that it needs "additional review". I have seen some posts where the applicants whose Name check was pending have received reply to SR which has clearly mentioned reason for the delay as "Case cannot be processed as Name Check/Security Check pending, wait for 6 months and ........".

Anybody else who have received reply similar to mine? Guru's please post your opinion.

I have received same kind of reply from USCIS for my July 6th SR. I don't think ur NC is pending.... IO might be wrong... Try Info pass and check the status of NC.

I got the same reply for my Service Request.

During Infopass IO said my background check was clear but TSC IO said name check is pending.

I am not sure who to believe?

Recd a Response on July 21st to my 6th June SR
" Case is under review. You should sear back in 60 days from the date of this letter(July 11th)"

goodachari117:

SR responses are always sent via snail-mail.

Considering how busy TSC is, it will probably take more than a month for you to get a reply - that's why they ask to wait for 45 days before contacting them again.