Response to RFE

uknown485, so that your first lawyer messed up your case. Anyway, that is past story.

For your concern, I think FujiS has given the proper answer. First you may want to check if the $1000 check has been cleared by TSC. If the check has been cashed by TSC, you may get the check back from the bank. Usually TSC will put the mark on the check. This will indicate your wife\'s RFE has been taken care of. If the check has not been cashed, you may want to file another reply against your wife\'s RFE.

The worst thing is that TSC might have thought your last RFE reply was only for you, and thought the $1000 was for you. In this case, your wife\'s case may still sit in a special area waiting for the reply of the RFE. Then your wife\'s case may be denied after 3 months. I think since you have called IIO, and your lawyer has sent a letter already, you may just have to wait a few more weeks. If nothing new happened before the 90 days, ask your lawyer to contact TSC through AILA Liason\'s office immediately. Hope your case can be resolved before the 90 days.

Good luck.

Thanx Gking1

You and FujiS were really helpful. Actually I just got a call from my attorney and he told me that he was going to send another letter to INS explaining this(that the response to RFE was for both). Also he said that since the check was against my wife\'s name so he is gonna send a copy of the check again(probably it was a cashier\'s check - I have send him my check and he has sent his company\'s check)to INS. Hopefully that would help our case. Also what is this AILA Liason\'s office??? I also think my previous attorney messed it up becuase he should have taken some step to handle this the very first time we were applying for I-485. But anyway that attorney is no more with their company(probably becuase of this reason only). Now I want to know if in the worst case my case is not looked into before 90 days and my wife\'s case is rejected as they would assume the response is not sent, so in future (I mean after 90days) if they look into my case and INS finds that the mistake was on their part then would they pull my wife\'s file again?? Also since the customer service person has already sent an e-mail to the respective officer about exactly what I explained it to her, won\'t that help in some way???

What the IIO told you is not very reliable, but you might be right that when your case is processed,

AILA: American Immigration Lawyer Association. If your lawyer is a member of the association, he can use a special channel to contact TSC directly via the Liason\'s Office.

Hi!

Yesterday I heard that my AVM for my wife\'s response to RFE was also updated (after I have talked to IIO at TSC) so do you think now we are in comfortable situation??

send another copy

was in a similar situation several months ago. I talked to a IIO who was more that helpful (It happens !!) . She asked me to send a copy of the RFE response to TSC but with my wife\'s details on the cover sheet.
I took a copy of the coversheet which has the officer number and SRC number and changed the SRC number to my wife\'s number and then sent all the docs. The telephone message changed to say that they recd response to RFE for my wife\'s case too.

Hope this helps.

Stan David

But Stan,
  My wife\'s AVM message changed to the received responst to RFE after I have talked to them and told them that the response was in the same package. So, my attorney suggested since the response is changed(and also I called TSC again and then IIO told me that in their system it says that the "Response to my wife\'s RFE was received"(maybe they changed everything after I talked to them the very first time). Do you still think I should send every thing again???

unknown 485, a question for you

Which did you call to find our about your case, the IIO at TX center (214-381-1423) which usually you have to wait a long time for, or the INS 1-800 number which I found is quite convenient and efficient? If the 1-800 service can actually help us to inquire about individual case, it would be a helpful info. for all of us. Thanks.

Did You mention the employer name on G325 form

Unknown485,

Did your wife mentioned the comp/employer name on the biographic form
for letting the INS know your wife have worked for it 6 months?

Since you/your wife paid taxes,did you send W-2 forms while filing with 485?

I can understand your frustuation,but your details help others in not
making any further mistakes.

Thanks for your response,