Response to expedite request - any idea?

ammukutty

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
my case details:
EB-3 India PD SEP 1998
I-140 Approved
I-485 ND: Oct 2003
FP rejected twice as unclassifiable
RFE received for Police Clearances in July, responded in Aug.
Same (duplicate) RFE received again in Oct, responded in Nov - my lawyer says it's an error by VSC
Anyway, I sent an expedite request by fax yesterday (Dec 2), got a response fax back saying my case is currently being reviewed.

Has anyone got a similar response to an expedite request? If so, how long does it normally take to hear from them? Keeping my fingers crossed & hoping to hear from them soon!

Appreciate any response. Thanks.

My PD just became current in Dec. So I sent

you did a wise thing, if all things are clear, you should get approval in dec

ammukutty said:
Hi,
my case details:
EB-3 India PD SEP 1998
I-140 Approved
I-485 ND: Oct 2003
FP rejected twice as unclassifiable
RFE received for Police Clearances in July, responded in Aug.
Same (duplicate) RFE received again in Oct, responded in Nov - my lawyer says it's an error by VSC
Anyway, I sent an expedite request by fax yesterday (Dec 2), got a response fax back saying my case is currently being reviewed.

Has anyone got a similar response to an expedite request? If so, how long does it normally take to hear from them? Keeping my fingers crossed & hoping to hear from them soon!

Appreciate any response. Thanks.

My PD just became current in Dec. So I sent

nato - thanks for the response. really appreciate it.

I read in some other post that this is a standard reply for an expedite request - case is currently being reviewed, and nothing happens. Is that true? What should be my next step? I'm planning to call VSC end of this week or next to find out what's going on. Do I need to initiate a congressional inquiry? If so, how long should I wait before I do?

Thanks much!

that was earlier to retro but now with your current PD

they will surely work on your case, no doubt about it. you sure could get an RFE or name check etc may have expired, but you still should get it..soon
Trust me not every one gets a reply even. you should wait at least a mont before congressional, but you can initiate an info request by calling them in a week or so, I wouldn't worry for at least a month. also you can send another expedite request if 45 days passed
ammukutty said:

I read in some other post that this is a standard reply for an expedite request - case is currently being reviewed, and nothing happens. Is that true? What should be my next step? I'm planning to call VSC end of this week or next to find out what's going on. Do I need to initiate a congressional inquiry? If so, how long should I wait before I do?

Thanks much!

Last edited by a moderator:
nato - name check question?

Will the name check expire? When does the USCIS initiate a name check? After FP results or after you file I-485? My FP got rejected twice, that's the reason I had to send the police clearances. Will this king of situation cause another name check? I'm planning to wait for a month to hear from them and depending on the status, will go to congressman as per your suggestion. Thanks a lot for your time and help.

our I-485 applications got approved today

Thanks to all the people in the forum providing valuable information. My special thanks to nato. My case and spouse's case got approved today. The message says approval notice has been mailed, need to see what the next step is once I receive it. Got the approvals within a week of expedite request.

Good luck to all yet to receive their approvals and happy holidays.

Congratulations

ammukutty said:
Thanks to all the people in the forum providing valuable information. My special thanks to nato. My case and spouse's case got approved today. The message says approval notice has been mailed, need to see what the next step is once I receive it. Got the approvals within a week of expedite request.

Hi ammukutty,

Have a advance new year party.

congrats!!!!!, enjoy the freedom and well deserved GC

ammukutty said:

It certainly gives encouragment to hang in there after reading such threads... I have sent a request and the reply says that the service center will review my case.. it further says that I need to give finger prints again as they have expired .... any comments ?

Expedite Request Format

Hello Ammukutty,

I am very happy to hear that your case has been approved after the expedite request. My PD (Dec 3 1998) has become current also. My notice date is Auguist 31 2004. I sent a case stutus query on December 02. I didn't hera back on that yet. I am also planning to send expedite request. Can you please let me know the format and the fax number? I would greatly appreciate your help here.

Sat