Response received for FBI Name check(fax format attached)

gc092602

Registered Users (C)
Just now(i.e. Saturday morning) I received the following from FBI via email
---------------------------------------------------------------
Dear .....
This is in reference to your facsimile dated August 2, 2004, concerning your immigration status. The FBI completed a record check for you on December 29, 2002, and the results were forwarded to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Sincerely yours,
David M. Hardy

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I had sent the fax in following format at (202) 324 3367 on Aug 2,2004
------------------------------------------------------------------------

To
Director, Records Management Division
FBI Headquarters

Dear Sir/Madam

I would like to know status of the name check request from USCIS done on my behalf as it relates to I-485 (Application for adjustment of status). Below are my details

Date of Birth:

Country of Birth:

Home Address:

Home Phone #:

A #:

USCIS petition#

Return fax number:

Email address:

Thank you for your efforts and time
--------------------------------------------------------

I-485 ND 9/26/2002
FP1 11/5/2002

EAD3 Approved 7/31/04 (ND May 4, 2004)
AP3 Approved 8/19/04 (ND July 14, 2004)

I485 AD (before 9/26/04 hopefully)

dear gc092602,
Is your A# the number shown in your I485 receipt, or the number shown in your EAD? My EAD's A# is different from that in I485 receipt.

thanks.

gc092602 said:
Dear .....
This is in reference to your facsimile dated August 2, 2004, concerning your immigration status. The FBI completed a record check for you on December 29, 2002, and the results were forwarded to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Sincerely yours,
David M. Hardy

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I had sent the fax in following format at (202) 324 3367 on Aug 2,2004
------------------------------------------------------------------------

To
Director, Records Management Division
FBI Headquarters

Dear Sir/Madam

I would like to know status of the name check request from USCIS done on my behalf as it relates to I-485 (Application for adjustment of status). Below are my details

Date of Birth:

Country of Birth:

Home Address:

Home Phone #:

A #:

USCIS petition#

Return fax number:

Email address:

Thank you for your efforts and time
--------------------------------------------------------

I-485 ND 9/26/2002
FP1 11/5/2002

I got the reply from the same guy.

givemegreencard said:
dear gc092602,
Is your A# the number shown in your I485 receipt, or the number shown in your EAD? My EAD's A# is different from that in I485 receipt.

thanks.
The A# should be the same on both your 485 and EAD. SOmething got messed up somewhere. There were some members who had the same problem before. Call the customer service and try to rectify it.

FBI name check

hello,
so the FBI approved it on 12-19-02...and by August of '04 the CIS STILL had not told you it had cleared??? am i undersatnding correctly? if so, that's terrible. we have been waiting almost a year, and the CIS keeps telling us the name still hasn't cleared (the request was supposedly sent to the FBI in Sept. 2003). What did the CIS say when you told them the FBI has just verified you cleared way way back? I am very curious..

Thank you!

I sent 2 faxes since first week on July 04, still haven't got a response. Once left a voice message. Nothing from FBI regarding my name check question. Should I assume that INS didn't request a name check and thats why I didn't get a reply :confused: :confused:

name check

does anyone know what happens if the CIS does not check their computers to see if a name has cleared in a timely manner? for example if the FBI cleared your name and sends the response to the CIS, and they do not check it within say 90 days, does the name fall out of the system?

Is name check valid for only 3 months? It used to be only 30 days. They made that 90 days some time ago. Does that mean a name check needs to be done within the last 90 days in order for 485 to be approved? I am confuse about this.

so am I..
wondering if the CIS resends requests to the FBI if they dont check it in time..
dont know of it is 90 days, or 30 days...anyone??

You are getting really confused. FBI Name Check is quite different from IBIS check which gets expired in 90 days. FBI Name check is done only done once after filling the I485. Hope this helps.

immi_2003 Is name check valid for only 3 months? It used to be only 30 days. They made that 90 days some time ago. Does that mean a name check needs to be done within the last 90 days in order for 485 to be approved? I am confuse about this.

needhelp1 said:
You are getting really confused. FBI Name Check is quite different from IBIS check which gets expired in 90 days. FBI Name check is done only done once after filling the I485. Hope this helps.

many thanks..i just want to verify that the name check stays in the CIS computers permanently after the FBI send them their answer..?

i have the same question as yours

i really have the same question but it seems like that person is not answering...yes, how is it possible not for USCIS to know if fbi name check has been cleared for more than 1 year?

jamnj said:
hello,
so the FBI approved it on 12-19-02...and by August of '04 the CIS STILL had not told you it had cleared??? am i undersatnding correctly? if so, that's terrible. we have been waiting almost a year, and the CIS keeps telling us the name still hasn't cleared (the request was supposedly sent to the FBI in Sept. 2003). What did the CIS say when you told them the FBI has just verified you cleared way way back? I am very curious..

Thank you!

I got a call back from FBI, informing me that the name check was done in March 2003. I did my fP1 around that time and did FP2 on august 12 2004.

My question is what is the validity for name check. How long is it valid. DOes it expire like FP? If not does cis send for name check every time after FP.

Anyone out there ??

can i send fax now?

Guys,
My first FP was done couple of weeks back.. should I send a fax now to FBI asking about name check now.. or should I wait till process date reaches to my RD (I-485 RD - 09/2003). Thanks!!! Also FBI fax # would be great.

FBI Name check is done only once and FBI Finger Printing check is valid for 15 months and USCIS IBIS check is valid for 90 days. Hope this helps.
hemeshd
My question is what is the validity for name check. How long is it valid. DOes it expire like FP? If not does cis send for name check every time after FP.

Generally FBI Name Check is sent as soon as the I485 filled is assigned to the Officer at the service centre. You can send a fax to "202-324-3367" to find out about the Name check status and the format is in the same thread.
will_be_there
My first FP was done couple of weeks back.. should I send a fax now to FBI asking about name check now.. or should I wait till process date reaches to my RD (I-485 RD - 09/2003). Thanks!!! Also FBI fax # would be great.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks needhelp1

Thanks for your response..

Now is it safe to assume my 485 case is assigned to an office becasue I got a FP notice? needhelp1 please...

gc092602 said:
Dear .....

Sincerely yours,
David M. Hardy

------------------------------------------------------------

I-485 ND 9/26/2002
FP1 11/5/2002

I sent a fax more than a month ago and 2 days ago got a replay on the email (from the same guy): "your check has been completed on August 26th, 2004". So, all in all, it took about 2 years...

Looks like the approval is nearing

2yearscounting said:
I sent a fax more than a month ago and 2 days ago got a replay on the email (from the same guy): "your check has been completed on August 26th, 2004". So, all in all, it took about 2 years...

Looks like the approval is nearing

Just got the response from the status inquiry on US CIS: The processing of your application has been delayed. It is due to the lack of manpower to complete the routine fingerprint checks. We cannot give a definite indication of when the checks will be completed.

My second fingerprints were done last November. It has been 292 days since my second fingerprint date.

--
RD: 03/12/2002
ND: 04/03/2002
FP: 05/21/2002
2FP: 11/12/2002
RFE: 02/12/2004 (employment verification)
USCIS inquiry initiated on 07/29/2004, response received on 08/30/2004

AP1, AP2, AP3
EAD1, EAD2, EAD3

Last edited by a moderator:
needhelp1 said:
FBI Name check is done only once and FBI Finger Printing check is valid for 15 months and USCIS IBIS check is valid for 90 days. Hope this helps.

Generally FBI Name Check is sent as soon as the I485 filled is assigned to the Officer at the service centre. You can send a fax to "202-324-3367" to find out about the Name check status and the format is in the same thread.

Anyone--what is the IBIS check for?
THANKS!!