Response From VSC Inquiry

mark99

Registered Users (C)
Earlier today, I called the VSC to check on my I 485 (RD Aug 03). Rep told me that your case is in "review" (guessing the final stage as my security check have been completed) and i should have a decision in 14 days.

any one else have a similar response if so please post here i am kind of nervous

Thanks

Sequence of steps to reach VSC

Here is the sequence of steps i followed to get to this:

Press 1 (for english),
press 2 (for existing case),
press 6 (for case statues etc),
then press 1( for knowing your receipt no.),
enter the receipt # to get the automated response saying blah blah blah and also at the end saying this is the most upto date information on your case and our customer the same info national customer service agents have (i totally agree with this).
Then choose to continue to the next step "press 3" . choose 3
Listen to the options-
Option 4 "if you feel if you submitted together and one of the applications is left out and not processed (don't remmember the exact message text ..but something about companion case "
1800-375-5283

When I try this it says due to temporary problems this case can not be tracked and gives no more options. How do i get over this

shanmanz said:
When I try this it says due to temporary problems this case can not be tracked and gives no more options. How do i get over this

If you have a approved EAD or approved AP, you can use that number. The rep will not know what you had selected.

shanmanz said:

solution : dial any valid EAC number. Get to the officer, first thing he will ask you is your EAC.

I also have not understood why our case disappers from phone system. good sign? bad sign?

I have the same problem...says due to a technical fault your case history cannot be retrieved..blah blah blah....anyone why?

I managed to get to VSC.

The officer told me that they are waiting for Background Check on my case and it should go for adjudication as soon as the check is complete :( :mad:

He said all i can do is be patient as the checks are taking quite long nowadays.

I had emailed FBI in January and called them and the lady there says they are replying to November emails right now.

well , this is the exact answer my friend got too . when he called VSC..
So there are lot of applications holding with background check ..
dont know it is a name check or security check or whatever ..

shanmanz said:
I managed to get to VSC.

The officer told me that they are waiting for Background Check on my case and it should go for adjudication as soon as the check is complete :( :mad:

He said all i can do is be patient as the checks are taking quite long nowadays.

I had emailed FBI in January and called them and the lady there says they are replying to November emails right now.

I called the NSC on March 16th, and a response for an enquiry from them was in the mail yesterday. It is mentioned that with in min of 60days a decession will be made on the case.

They did not mention any thing about Visa numbers, Man power etc.....

What do you guys thing in such situations?

Called NSC too got the same reply

I think they are telling most of the people that a decision will be made in next 60 days.

Ke

The response to my Inquiry was also the same. That is my case is pending service consideration and I will hear from them in 60 days. However there were no LUD changes. Did you guys see any LUD changes after you receive the response?

I have seen guys in this forum receive different response such as
- Pending Service Consideration. … will hear in 45/60 days,
- Pending Service Consideration. … will hear in 60 days,
- Pending Service Consideration. … will hear in 90 days,
- Pending Securty Checks.
- No Manpower
- No visa numbers
- Under Review

Does any body know the real meaning of “pending service consideration” ? Sounds like the files are sitting somewhere collecting dust.

Other types of responses are somewhat self-explanatory.

RD Dec 2002
Last FP Dec 2004

an inquiry on my wife's case go a response back in Jan ... "lack of man power... should be completed within next 6-10 months..." her case is dependant, all the checks are completed for her... and it's now waiting for my Name Check to be done with...

Same here. I called VSV for my 485 update filled May 11/03. The rep told me my case under Review and i got a letter a week back saying the same crap " Under Review"

hi shas123
is your name check done ? when did you call vsc or when did you initiate inquiry ?

shas123 said:
Same here. I called VSV for my 485 update filled May 11/03. The rep told me my case under Review and i got a letter a week back saying the same crap " Under Review"

Called VSC Rep....

Called VSC Rep to see whatz going with my case..
she told me if you have received anything from BCIS in last 30 days(yes,got standard 30 to 60 days letter for my inquiry),
then you cannot get your case status by phone.
But she said that:FBI Name Check was completed and security check was completed .Waiting to be processed within 60 days.hope i'll get something in next 2 months..

Veery, My name check was done long back. I got mail from FBI saying the same it was completed June 20/2003. Inquiry initiated on March 10/2005

I485 delay

I just had my EB2 NIW I140 approved, RD 8/03.
I concurrently filed the I485.
AP/EAD 11/03.
FP 2/05
I140 approved 4/05
No change in I485.

Anyone have any idea how long these 485s are taking at VSC?

Thanks!

SCRIPT for VSC call

To reach VSC, call
1800-375-5283

Press 1 (for english),
press 2 (for existing case),
press 6 (for case statues etc),
then press 1( for knowing your receipt no.),
enter the receipt # to get the automated response

Then choose to continue to the next step "press 3" . choose 3

Listen to the options-
If you believe your case is outside our processing window, press 3

If you filed several related cases together but received a decision on some but not others and are worried that these companion cases may have been separated. Press 4 --> connects to VSC