Response from VSC about expediting case

gcpained

I had faxed a letter to VSC, requesting expedition of my case. A week letter I got a letter from Vermont Service Center stating:
- Only valid grounds for expediting are humanatarian, extreme emergency, I do not satisfy these.
- My case had got delayed because they need to do security checks, but are not able to do so because of lack of manpower. They cannot give any estimation how long it is going to take.

Basically a response you would have expected from the most incompotent dept in the world. I think they should seriouly considering out sourcing this, if they do not have manpower. The USCIS processing should be the most glaring example of incompotence of a cost center, which needs to be shut down and work outsourced to other low cost center, more effecient places.

RD - 17 Jun 2002
EAC0221950***

Originally posted by gcpained
I had faxed a letter to VSC, requesting expedition of my case. A week letter I got a letter from Vermont Service Center stating:
- Only valid grounds for expediting are humanatarian, extreme emergency, I do not satisfy these.
- My case had got delayed because they need to do security checks, but are not able to do so because of lack of manpower. They cannot give any estimation how long it is going to take.

Basically a response you would have expected from the most incompotent dept in the world. I think they should seriouly considering out sourcing this, if they do not have manpower. The USCIS processing should be the most glaring example of incompotence of a cost center, which needs to be shut down and work outsourced to other low cost center, more effecient places.

RD - 17 Jun 2002
EAC0221950***

I tried sending them an expedite request fax backed by my company stating that this resource is very critical and all that.... I got the same standard response....

I am not sure when my case will see some daylight

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I dont believe in VSC's excuses

The truth is these people are used to an easy life, bloated
pay packages, hundreds of benifits. They just don't work.

VSC's excuse of lack of manpower is just a lame duck one.
I can vouch that if you gave them all the anpower they
needed, they would not improve a bit. Coz the new
manpower will fall in line with the same shady work culture.

I think the sense of job security and the lack of any fear
of being fired is what has contributed to this.

Agree with PissedOffI140

PissedOffI140, I totally agree with you.
USCIS will have another hundred of excuses if you believed what they said. The only thing can change them by laying off workers in it.:mad:

response from vsc for my expedite request

Dear Sir/Madam:
The processing of your application has been delayed.All petitions/applications received by this service are required to have routine security checks that are resulting in delays of the adjudication of petitions/applications.As a result of the lack of manpower to complete the checks in a timly manner,we have no control over how long these checks will take.We can give no definite indication of when they will be completed.we apologize for these delay.

This determination is in response to your request for expeditious processing and is not a decision regarding the petition or application that you have filed.This service center will only consider the first six pages of requests for expeditious processing revived by facsimile(inluding cover sheet).If this request was submitted by facsimile,the determination was based upon the first six pages and any remaining pages were not considered.

Guys,
can you please comment on this.Did u guys recieve the same letter???
Did Vsc rejected my request ?

:mad: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Thanks
lexvsc2002

Re: response from vsc for my expedite request

Originally posted by lexvsc2002
Dear Sir/Madam:
The processing of your application has been delayed.All petitions/applications received by this service are required to have routine security checks that are resulting in delays of the adjudication of petitions/applications.As a result of the lack of manpower to complete the checks in a timly manner,we have no control over how long these checks will take.We can give no definite indication of when they will be completed.we apologize for these delay.

This determination is in response to your request for expeditious processing and is not a decision regarding the petition or application that you have filed.This service center will only consider the first six pages of requests for expeditious processing revived by facsimile(inluding cover sheet).If this request was submitted by facsimile,the determination was based upon the first six pages and any remaining pages were not considered.

Guys,
can you please comment on this.Did u guys recieve the same letter???
Did Vsc rejected my request ?

:mad: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Thanks
lexvsc2002

Yes obviously they did not take in your request. Though the reason I got was different do not be surprised. BCIS is unfortunately at the height of its inefficiency right now and there is nothing more you can expect. Lack of funding is clear BS.

Here is the letter I reveived from VSC in response to my request to expedite my Advance Parole application (ND Dec 3, 2004):

Re: Expedite Request

Receipt Number: EAC040435XXXX

Case Type: I-131

Dear Sir:

An expedite request must meet one of the following criteria:

HUMANITARIAN

EXTREME EMERGENCY

SEVERE FINANCIAL LOSS

SERVICE ERROR

The documents you submitted failed to establish a level of extreme concern that would meet one of those criteria. It is the sole responsibility of the person making the expedite request to establish and support the request.

Due to the high volume of expedite requests for this case type, we are strictly enforcing the criteria that has been set for these expedite requests. While your situation appears serious, you have not provided evidence of an extreme emergent need to travel.

Please submit evidence in order to establish the emergent need for granting advance parole. Include a complete description of the emergent personal reasons of why expedited handling should be approved. Your statement must include copies of any evidence you wish considered.

This determination is in response to your request for expeditious processing and is not a decision regarding the petition or application that you have filed. This service center will only consider the first six pages of requests for expeditious processing received by facsimile (including the cover sheet).

Sincerely,

Sandra T. Bushey

Acting Center Director