Response from USCIS abt I-90

lee_haircut5

Registered Users (C)
Folks,
I got a letter from USCIS about my I-90 to correct the backdating. It is a blue letter.

They want me to attach the original GC, a completed I-90 form, and 2 pictures. They want me to send this to an address. There is a different address for regular mailing and a different address for courier. They said it would take three weeks before I get my new card. If three weeks have passed and I haven't got it, they want me to call their 800 numbers.

My questions:
1. Has anybody gone thru the same experience?
2. What if I give my GC (original) and never heard back from them? Then I don't have my original GC anymore. Will this be a problem if I cross border to Canada and only carry copy of my GC?
3. When they said, "use this address for courier delivery", do they mean UPS, Fedex, Airborne? Anything but USPS? So, regular mailing means USPS, regardless of service level (express, priority, regular, etc)?

Thanks,
lee_haircut5

lee_haircut5 said:
Folks,
I got a letter from USCIS about my I-90 to correct the backdating. It is a blue letter.

They want me to attach the original GC, a completed I-90 form, and 2 pictures. They want me to send this to an address. There is a different address for regular mailing and a different address for courier. They said it would take three weeks before I get my new card. If three weeks have passed and I haven't got it, they want me to call their 800 numbers.

My questions:
2. What if I give my GC (original) and never heard back from them? Then I don't have my original GC anymore. Will this be a problem if I cross border to Canada and only carry copy of my GC?
3. When they said, "use this address for courier delivery", do they mean UPS, Fedex, Airborne? Anything but USPS? So, regular mailing means USPS, regardless of service level (express, priority, regular, etc)?

Thanks,
lee_haircut5

1. This is a new process so do as to what they say.
2. If you dont hear from them you call them in 3 weeks. You can't cross the border without a GC..a copy wont work. I think a RTD may be sufficent but I am not sure.
3. Courrier is anything not USPS.

1. I think this is now their standard procedure. At any rate you have no choice but to comply even if they created this just for you. :) :)

2. A copy of immigration document has no value. You can still get a temporary green card from your local office, I believe (they are in the process of phasing this out I think).

3. Courier refers to a commerical company like DHL or FedEx. They CANNOT deliver to boxes most of the time.

lee_haircut5 said:
Folks,

My questions:

Thanks,
lee_haircut5

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend received the letter, too.
He send all that they need by courier delivery in Nov. 17, 2005. But he did not get any message now. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
lee_haircut5, my time line is almost same as yours. I received the GC not backdated in June. We opened up I-90 case oneline to MSC in July, did code#3 in September. In October, the I-90 cases were transfered to California center. In November, they were transferred to Nebraska center. A few days later, we received blue letters same as yours. We sent the GCs via Fedex just before the Thanksgiving day. On Dec 1, the old I-90 cases were changed with new ND dates and e-mails. They were updated again on Dec 5. On Dec 8, our old I-485 cases were updated (I did not removed them from portfolio list). Today, we received auto e-mails saying "On December 14, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

We are looking forward to having the new GCs. We are also intrigued to see what will happen to our I-90 cases with MSCxxxxxxxx since we paid bio fee when filing online.

I think you should follow the instruction on the blue letter and act at your earliest convenience.

Sad_Face_For_Me said:
My friend received the letter, too.
He send all that they need by courier delivery in Nov. 17, 2005. But he did not get any message now. :mad:

I do not think USCIS sends out receiving note with new I-90 case number on this special case. You friend can look at his I-485 case online that should have been updated. If nothing, he should call USCIS. The letter says he should do it since three weeks has passed.

i got same email today..they ordered new card for me...
about my i-90 that i filled on myself..am gonna write a letter to nebraska service center to withdraw this application and request then to give my money back $70.

lee_haircut5 said:
Folks,

My questions:

Thanks,
lee_haircut5

Send your GC card for corection.It's very important for your naturalisation step.Your backdated GC is gonna cut your clock for citizenship.If you can't get a temporary GC( I-94,stamp....)Apply for Reentry permit(Send form I-131 and copy of your GC).It takes only one month to get it.Your reentry permit is for 2 years and it's gonna serve you as proof of PR status before you get your GC.You may travel on it to canada without a need of GC.You may also travel wherever and reenter US whithout your GC.

Paramvir1 said:
i got same email today..they ordered new card for me...
about my i-90 that i filled on myself..am gonna write a letter to nebraska service center to withdraw this application and request then to give my money back $70.

I will do nothing to my pending i-90 case I filed in July. It seems they have linked this pending i-90 case with new i-90 because new receipt date on the pending case is set and emailed when they received the new i-90 with blue letter. Also, NSC has the pending case in hands now. Let the machine run itself and see what happen. Today's email is from old and closed i-485 case. The i-90 cases are still open.

New cards are received today. They are backdated. I wish they made another mistake by backdating more years. It seems the new cards have the same photos as old ones. Anyway, CIS finished the job within 3 weeks.