Response from FBI regarding namecheck

sergy71

Registered Users (C)
I think this is interesting experience to share.
I sent the letter regarding the name check delay to First Lady about 3 months ago asking her assistance.
Tonight I received the answer from FBI, here it is:

Your letter dated ... directed to Mrs George W Bush concerning your name check status for immigration purposes, was forwarded to the FBI for reply.

A review of the FBI Name Check Program database revealed that your request was received from the USCIS on November ... 2005, and is currently in process.

The FBI process millions of name check requests each year with each requring thoughtful consideration. We know how important this information is to you; however, the FBI must also balance the need for national security in preparing the response to each of these requests. The FBI's homeland security mission requires that our name check process be primariy focused on an accurate and thorough result. While an EXACT DATE for COMPLETION OF THIS REVIEW cannot be given, you may be assured that the results will be made available to the immigration authorities as quickly as possible.

Thats it.
:) :) :)

My I-485 was submitted in September 2005 and today I am celebrating 550th day anniversary :)

What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
FBI is closing out all avenues by which the applicant can "jump the line" for name check. First the WOM cases and now First Lady. Our only hope now seems to be Senator Obama's "Citizenship Promotion Act". However someone called the Senator's office and they said that we should not expect anything to come out of this in the next 2 years. So for now we are stuck.

I sent the letter regarding the name check delay to First Lady about 3 months ago asking her assistance.

Your letter dated ... directed to Mrs George W Bush concerning your name check status for immigration purposes, was forwarded to the FBI for reply.

A review of the FBI Name Check Program database revealed that your request was received from the USCIS on November ... 2005, and is currently in process.

The FBI process millions of name check requests each year with each requring thoughtful consideration. We know how important this information is to you; however, the FBI must also balance the need for national security in preparing the response to each of these requests. The FBI's homeland security mission requires that our name check process be primariy focused on an accurate and thorough result. While an EXACT DATE for COMPLETION OF THIS REVIEW cannot be given, you may be assured that the results will be made available to the immigration authorities as quickly as possible.

Thats it.

My I-485 was submitted in September 2005 and today I am celebrating 550th day anniversary :)

What do you guys think?

Sergy,
From what I've seen on various posts in this forum as pertains to writing to the First Lady's office, more often than not, the applicant receives a letter from the FBI stating that their name checks were finalized and sent to the USCIS HQ in Washington DC on mm/dd/yyyy.
However, I have also seen posts from folks who've reported getting the same letter you've gotten, but have then come to know that their name checks were cleared within a few weeks of receiving this letter.
Hopefully your letter yields the same result for you in terms of having your name check be cleared soon. God knows you've been waiting long enough.

Thats it.

What do you guys think?

1-can u tell us exactly when u sent the letter to the first lady?

2-what is exactly ur case details?

3-what does ur letter to teh first lady says? can u provide us with a copy?

4- what did u attach with the letter( I485-foipa...)?

I received the same letter as "Not Cleared" from FBI, after I send the letter to first lady. My name check still not cleared as of today. I received the 2nd fingerprint after first lady's inquiry. See my signature for detail. My congressman sent another status inquiry to FBI on last month. No reply from FBI as of yet. FBI needs about 60 days to reply congressman. Hopefully I will get good news soon.
Sergy,
From what I've seen on various posts in this forum as pertains to writing to the First Lady's office, more often than not, the applicant receives a letter from the FBI stating that their name checks were finalized and sent to the USCIS HQ in Washington DC on mm/dd/yyyy.
However, I have also seen posts from folks who've reported getting the same letter you've gotten, but have then come to know that their name checks were cleared within a few weeks of receiving this letter.
Hopefully your letter yields the same result for you in terms of having your name check be cleared soon. God knows you've been waiting long enough.

My guess is that, in some cases, FBI waits for a response from Alien's Birth Country's government clearance, in which case, probably first lady letter also may not expedite because, FBI will not be able to proceed further until they receive the response from that country. Otherwise, probably Senator or first lady enquiry should work.

There has been other threads about that, however, the FBI does not mention any government clearance in their security check description (http://www.fbi.gov/page2/nationalnamecheck.htm).

I'm curious as to whether other government are actually being asked to cooperate. I personally doubt it based on very stringent privacy laws in many countries that would prevent that information to be exchanged. That being said I may be wrong and would love ot learn more...

My guess is that, in some cases, FBI waits for a response from Alien's Birth Country's government clearance, in which case, probably first lady letter also may not expedite because, FBI will not be able to proceed further until they receive the response from that country. Otherwise, probably Senator or first lady enquiry should work.