Response from FBI in regards to letter sent to the first lady

Zooz

Registered Users (C)
Experts,

I got an infopass where I was told that my name check was still pending. They told me that the first request was made to the FBI in April 2004 and a second request was made in January 2007. Both are pending.

So, I wrote a letter to the first lady regarding my pending name check, and after a couple of months, I got the following letter from the FBI:

Dear Mr. XXXX

Your letter dated May 1, 2007 directed to Mrs. George W. Bush concerning your name check status for immigration purposes, was forwarded to the Department of Justice and subsequestly referred to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) for reply.

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database revealed that your request was received from United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on January 25, 2007. This submission was processes and finalized on May 30, 2007. The results were forwarded to the USCIS Headquarters, Washington, D.C.

I trust this information will be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Micheal A. Cannon
Section Chief
National Name Check Program Section
Records Management Division

Now, what should I do next?

Does this letter mean that the name check was cleared? Also, I wrote to the First Lady about the first name check which has been pending for more than 38 months now, but according to this letter from the FBI, they cleared the second name check request. Does this matter?

Should I get another infopass and see what's going on? I also have an open SR with USCIS which I haven't received a response for yet.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Zooz

Its finalized for sure....Last year when I requested status thru senator I got reply similar except last 2 lines saying " its still pending and every effort is made to complete it . However agency cannot give a timeline of completion..blah blah.."

Congratulation!.. a small step to your GC, a big leap to shorten your processing time :)

Experts,

I got an infopass where I was told that my name check was still pending. They told me that the first request was made to the FBI in April 2004 and a second request was made in January 2007. Both are pending.

So, I wrote a letter to the first lady regarding my pending name check, and after a couple of months, I got the following letter from the FBI:

Dear Mr. XXXX

Your letter dated May 1, 2007 directed to Mrs. George W. Bush concerning your name check status for immigration purposes, was forwarded to the Department of Justice and subsequestly referred to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) for reply.

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database revealed that your request was received from United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on January 25, 2007. This submission was processes and finalized on May 30, 2007. The results were forwarded to the USCIS Headquarters, Washington, D.C.

Sincerely,

Micheal A. Cannon
Section Chief

Does this letter mean that the name check was cleared? Also, I wrote to the First Lady about the first name check which has been pending for more than 38 months now, but according to this letter from the FBI, they cleared the second name check request. Does this matter?

Should I get another infopass and see what's going on? I also have an open SR with USCIS which I haven't received a response for yet.

Thanks,
Zooz

Buddy its seems to be clear..... now.. the system will not reflect it - till officer looks at the results and updates the system. Infopass before system update will tell you - pending.... look for LUD's - touched by AO

Thanks for the replys.

The LUD hasn't changed since 08/19/2006.

Is there a way to get someone to look at it? May be get an infopass and show them this letter from the FBI.

Also, does it matter which name check request is cleared? USCIS had sent 2 requests to FBI. One in 2004 and the second one in 2007. The one cleared is 2007.

Zooz,

As per the mail from FBI you name check is cleared. I got similar mail from FBI couple of months back.

You can approach your Congressman or Senator for further help with your I-485 processing. They might help you out.

Inlineforgc_03

Thanks for the replys.

The LUD hasn't changed since 08/19/2006.

Is there a way to get someone to look at it? May be get an infopass and show them this letter from the FBI.

Also, does it matter which name check request is cleared? USCIS had sent 2 requests to FBI. One in 2004 and the second one in 2007. The one cleared is 2007.

Hello Again Guys,

I've waited long enough, but all enquiry on my I-485 still say name check pending. Even the SR that I opened a month and a half ago, says name check pending in the response.

The senators and congressmen too are getting the same response.

I have an infopass scheduled for Thursday. I'll show them the letter from the FBI and see what they say.

Any other suggestion?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks,
Zooz

Wirte a letter to congressman/senator with a copy of this letter and ask them to contact USCIS.

you name check is cleared. Good luck.

Let us know what happens

Hi Zooz,

I'm in a very similar situation. Do let us know what comes out of your Thursday's infopass.

Good luck.

Hello Again Guys,

I've waited long enough, but all enquiry on my I-485 still say name check pending. Even the SR that I opened a month and a half ago, says name check pending in the response.

I have an infopass scheduled for Thursday. I'll show them the letter from the FBI and see what they say.

Any other suggestion?

Thanks,
Zooz

Hello Again Guys,

Any other suggestion?

Thanks,
Zooz

You should understand how NC process works. FBI runs your name and its perturbations against databases. If no match is found, then they send results back to USCIS marked as no-match and your namechek is cleared. If matches are found, FBI pulls out reference files, and sends the results together with references to the files back to USCIS fraud detection unit in DC. At this point, as far as FBI is concerned, they are done with your NC. But now USCIS has to review the files and make a decision as to whether clear your namecheck, do additional review themselves or send it back to the FBI for additional investigation. Thus, your NC is likely sitting with the USCIS fraud detection unit, and until they clear it, it's going to be reported as pending in the system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ways to send letter

How did you send the leter? is it certified? any documents attached to suport the letter?? I had sent the letter almost three months back with I-485 attachement and other details, no response yet :(

Experts,

Dear Mr. XXXX

Sincerely,

Micheal A. Cannon
Section Chief

Thanks,
Zooz

I sent it via regular mail. I didn't get a response from the First lady's office, but the response came directly from the FBI. It did take a little more then 3 months. I've heard it could take upto 4 months.

Zooz.

Guys,

Just got back from my infopass appointment in Chicago.

The lady (IO) was very nice and helpful. She checked my case for about 45 minutes.

I showed her the letter I had received from the FBI and she was shocked that I had written to the First Lady. Any ways, she said everything in my case was fine. The name check was cleared and there was nothing that was stopping the case from being finalized. But, she didn't know why it had not been completed.

She had all my information, as for when I came to the US, my education in US, conversion to OPT, then H1, and then she said your life has now come to a stand still due to this I-485.

So, she said she was going to get my file transfered to Chicago from Nebraska Service Center and have a look at it. She said that process could take 6 to 8 weeks, but she would call me once she has the file and has looked at it. She kept repeating that everything was good to go in my case.

I specifically asked about the name check at least 4 times, and she said that it was cleared.

She also gave me an address (Chicago Address) to write to and get the status. Said, write a letter to this address and attach the letter that you received from the FBI and ask them why the case has not been completed yet.

So, I see some light at the end of the tunnel.

Zooz,

can you post the address she has given you so that we can also try our luck!

Wish you good luck.

sail1

Address She gave me is a Chicago Address:

See Below:

Home Land Security
101 W. Congress Parkway
Chicago, IL 60605

Attention Sec. 245
Adjustment of Status

Attention
Superior

She wrote this down on a sheet of paper, and her hand writing is not the best in the world.

Zooz.