Response from Congresswomen about name check

485niw2005

Registered Users (C)
Name check pending since Jan 2005. Send a fax to my congresswomen two weeks ago. I received a mail for her office today.

" I contracted the FBI and write to follow up with you regarding your case. The FBI notified me that your name check is still actively being reviewed. Once completed, they will notify the CIS so that a decision can be made on your case. I've asked CIS to adjudicate your application as expeditioously as possible and notify you directly of their decision. "

I guess that's last resort I can do for the name check black hole. Very frustrated.

Can you explain the steps in contacting congress people. Do we have to meet them personally or just call them or directly fax them?

Looks like my name check is stuck from Feb 2005. I need to do something to push it.

master_chari said:
Can you explain the steps in contacting congress people. Do we have to meet them personally or just call them or directly fax them?

Looks like my name check is stuck from Feb 2005. I need to do something to push it.

Ooops, you cant 'push' FBI. You have to do something else.. may be creative.. they are not that sensitive to wake up for a push.

Your name check is stuck ONLY from feb 2005. I think you have a long way to go. But, anyways, keep pushing. Contact congressman by phone, they will let you know the procedure... best of luck