Response from congresswoman - life sucks!

vidongre

Registered Users (C)
Remember I mentioned that we met with this congresswoman Jan Schakowsky at the ambudsman meeting in Chicago and she promised to help?

Well, we received this response from her today (after a week) -

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. XXX,

The VSC were very quick in responding. This is their message.

"The I-485 applications are pending (due to backlogs)--the applicants should be hearing from this office in approximately 60 more days."

Vermont Service Center
Congressional Unit

Please call me if you have any questions or concerns!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have I ran out of options? :(

All these congress people and senators are useless. I have contacted two for my wifes case and nothing yet. Same message as yours. Sucks big time.

Originally posted by vidongre

Have I ran out of options? :(

I can understand your frustration. Many of them don't want to pressurize USCIS, rather not even asking them the cause of delays, thinking that delays are good for the sake of security of this country.

life does not suck, but BCIS does

On the bright side, try to forget about the GC, the less you think about it, the more fun your life is.

After I stopped to think about it, these two months have been painless for me. Once a while, I'll feel depressed. But most of time I feel great. I bot a new TV and a new computer. Just try to enjoy life again.

BCIS has taken a precious summer from me, I don't want my life slip again just for some stupid inefficient officers.

CongressWomen

When I contacted the office, I was told now a days it's taking 24+ months to adjust the case because of security delay and my case is JUST 22+ month old.

I was told to wait for another month. ( they have also received hundreds of similar case requests).

:rolleyes:

Take it easy, folks. I know it's easy said than done, but I had been through same misery for 24.5 months. The sad fact is it's beyond our control, why bother torture yourself with something you cannot control while it doesn't physically affect your normal work and life. I finally came to realize the point about a month ago, before that I was in a lot depression and nighmare.

I totally agree what dengdeng said, break out the trap and treat yourself well. Everyone in this long wait deserve giving yourself something special.

You guys just helped me make up my mind - I'm going to go ahead and buy that 61" HDTV DLP TV monitor I have been looking at for the last few months :)

Cheers!

K:p

Originally posted by PhillyKP
You guys just helped me make up my mind - I'm going to go ahead and buy that 61" HDTV DLP TV monitor I have been looking at for the last few months :)

Cheers!

K:p

PhillyKP:
Could you please give me an idea how much the HDTV DLP TV would cost. I will try to keep myself busy with other activities:D
Especially in this football season.;)

M

Congress

Guys,

Buy TVs, computers and also fax machines and laser printers and broadband internet. Buy a house also or a second car. Maybe a third. Make sure you receive the HDTV signal first. Install a second telephone line for the fax machine. At this point you are ready to answer back to these Congressmen and women before or after your home theater session.
Congress of the US is not as simple to study as one might think. They receive letters and complains from hundreds of organisations, petitions with hundreds of thousands of signatures , they communicate with powerful constituents in terms of money and power and play the game accordingly. Their first response to someone is usually to disarm that person..and this is what is happening with amateurs..after they get the first response they give up. Incidently, Congress is being lobbied by anti-immigration groups (Buchanan,etc), by the so called fair immigration groups(tancredo, institute for immigration studies,), by pro illegal groups (unions, AFL-CIO), by bigots and high-tech workers (washington state), by anti-visa groups and so on..

None of these groups has ever mentioned Backlogs or more precisely Employment based I-485 backlogs.
It is important to answer back all the time.

AS far as approaching a specific congressman/woman it can be done not only directly but also from the grounds up. You know a person that worked, campaigned and contributed to his/her campaign and election/re-election? That person can get you not only to his office but to his house also. Maybe you can watch a movie in his theater home system also.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are for sure under the radar of anti-immigration but most likely not included by pro-illegal. :confused:

While the tenacity of some , have to be admired, they are now taking it to a point of stupidity. Lot of the folks seem to have mellowed down considerably and given up hope as a result of it.

Well said cinta, I would say don't give up easily. It is easy to back off after a negative reply from the politicians. How many times have we heard on this board that a lot of people tried going through the politicians and it worked for them. There is a lot of difference between not trying and feeling miserable and trying and not feeling miserable. Having said that, I myself have to approach the politician in the next few days to get my case looked at.

Originally posted by dengdeng
life does not suck, but BCIS does

On the bright side, try to forget about the GC, the less you think about it, the more fun your life is.

After I stopped to think about it, these two months have been painless for me. Once a while, I'll feel depressed. But most of time I feel great. I bot a new TV and a new computer. Just try to enjoy life again.

BCIS has taken a precious summer from me, I don't want my life slip again just for some stupid inefficient officers.

I would love to forget about it if I have it already. Don't you think it tied to your job, your travel and precisely everything you do as an immigrant.

MrMr

The Samsung HLN617W is retailing at $4999, minus a $300 mail-in rebate and 10% giftcard (read $500) at Circuitcity.com this week. Off course the 43" and 50" are cheaper (about 3500 and 4000, before the rebates and gift cards, resp.)

Let me know if you actually get it. I did end up ordering mine last night.

K :cool:

Originally posted by MrMr
PhillyKP:
Could you please give me an idea how much the HDTV DLP TV would cost. I will try to keep myself busy with other activities:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: MrMr

Add approx. another 1000 bucks for taxes, (Extended warranty ??), cables(high quality for HDTV), a new progressive dvd player to view high quality dvd's. , wall mounted accessories, surge protector etc.
I recently bought Sony 42 inches Plasma HDTV for around 7000 bucks, from best buy. I did not buy Extended warranty though.

Originally posted by PhillyKP
The Samsung HLN617W is retailing at $4999, minus a $300 mail-in rebate and 10% giftcard (read $500) at Circuitcity.com this week. Off course the 43" and 50" are cheaper (about 3500 and 4000, before the rebates and gift cards, resp.)

Let me know if you actually get it. I did end up ordering mine last night.

K :cool:

Originally posted by MrMr
PhillyKP:

What can you do about it? Think about it everyday? Then everyday goes by slowly.

If you don't think about it, it goes by like wink of an eye, a week passed, a month passed, a year passed.

True, you can't travel, don't have security, but what can you do?
think about it everyday will only cause high blood pressure, nerve breakdown, depression, sadness, and other illness.

Compare to your life, your health, your family, what is more important? You can live WITHOUT a GC, but you can't live without a healthy body.

Besides, when you have GC to worry, other trouble disappears. When you have GC, you'll fall to another life trap, money, house, children education, career.....

Human are greedy, always.

Those big TVs will price drop next year. Esp DLP, new technology this year.

Wait for Christmas for coupons and promotions.

Regular projection TVs are too dark, I won't buy it.

Agreed! Remember how the important events in your life (engineering / medical exam results, etc.) seem to be so unimportant today. GC will not absolve you of all the worries in the future. The 'GC getting' euphoria dies in a week and we are onto other worries.

Originally posted by dengdeng
What can you do about it? Think about it everyday? Then everyday goes by slowly.

If you don't think about it, it goes by like wink of an eye, a week passed, a month passed, a year passed.

True, you can't travel, don't have security, but what can you do?
think about it everyday will only cause high blood pressure, nerve breakdown, depression, sadness, and other illness.

Compare to your life, your health, your family, what is more important? You can live WITHOUT a GC, but you can't live without a healthy body.

Besides, when you have GC to worry, other trouble disappears. When you have GC, you'll fall to another life trap, money, house, children education, career.....

Human are greedy, always.