Response from CIS Ombudsman

luckyone2000

Registered Users (C)
I wrote to Ombudsman couple of months back asking for help explaining that I am stuck with the name check since July 2005. I received a letter from Ombudsman's office stating that they initiated a formal inquiry with USCIS and they should provide a response within 45 days.

Does it anyway help to expedite the process? Has anyone had any similar experience?

luckyone2000 said:
I wrote to Ombudsman couple of months back asking for help explaining that I am stuck with the name check since July 2005. I received a letter from Ombudsman's office stating that they initiated a formal inquiry with USCIS and they should provide a response within 45 days.

Does it anyway help to expedite the process? Has anyone had any similar experience?

from which country r u?

luckyone2000 said:

Yeah: That office is very nice. I contacted twice and each case they told me they initiated an inquiry on my behalf. They can't quarantee that the IO who has your case will expedite your case or not, but they will have him answer to you. If the IO who has your file determines that he can't approve your case due to missing evidence or may be he/she is processing cases before you then he/she will simple send a letter explaining why your case still is pending;however, if everything is ready, you have the good news that IO approve your case. In each case, I have had a good experience with that office. Its director has an Indian by the name Prakash, and he is very nice. Good luck

antonioa77 - I am form India
Faysal - Thanks for sharing your experience. I am stuck with NC for more than 16 months now. I don't know if Ombudsman inquiry would do any good to expedite the process. I am just keeping my fingers crossed

I am stuck in namecheck for 1 year +. I also contacted CIS Ombudsman back in Aug and got the same letter recently, saying - I should hear something in 45 days....Though I am not much hopeful...

But, I noticed the letter was dated in Oct but the postage stamp was in Nov....
So, would I get a letter from USCIS with any updates on my case?

santa4u - I don't have much hope either. I received the letter in November which was dated back in October. Maybe, they just have the standard template (just like USCIS does) for all inquiries.

How do you contact CIS Ombudsman - if someone can post the exact procedure including address, contact and the template, it will help a lot.
I am also stuck in name check for 14 months.

india20062000 said:
How do you contact CIS Ombudsman - if someone can post the exact procedure including address, contact and the template, it will help a lot.
I am also stuck in name check for 14 months.

Step 1. Please write a letter and provide the following information in the order set forth below to assist us in identifying your case.
1. The full name of the person who the case is about;
2. The address of the person who the case is about;
3. The date of birth of the person who the case is about;
4. The country of birth of the person who the case is about;
5. The application/petition receipt number of the person who the case is about;
6. The “A” number of the person who the case is about;
7. The USCIS office at which the application/petition was filed;
8. The filing date of the application/petition; and
9. A description of the problem.

Step 2. To verify identity and the accuracy of information, Please date and sign theletter and include any of the following statements as they apply to situation:

If you are in the United States or a U.S. territory, possession or commonwealth:
“I declare (certify, verify, or state) under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct.”

If you are outside of the United States:
“I declare (certify, verify, or state) under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the foregoing is true and correct.

If you are not the person whose case you are inquiring about, you must obtain their consent. They should include the following statement in their letter:
“I consent to allow information about my case to be released to [name of requester].”

If you are an attorney or accredited representative, please include a copy of your USCIS Form G-28, Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Representative.

Step 3. Once prepared, please mail the dated and signed letter and copies of any other relevant documents to the following address:

Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman ATTN: Case Problems United States Department of Homeland Security Washington, D.C. 20528

http://www.immigration.com/improving_immigration/cisombudsman.html