Responding to an RFE - Generally Speaking

go_getter007

Registered Users (C)
Dear All,

How do applicants generally respond to an RFE? I mean, I have submitted a dozen recommendation letters along with my EB-1 EA application. If I get an RFE say a few months down the road, am I supposed to submit even more recommendation letters to substantiate my claims? The reason I'm asking this question is that I want to be prepared since if I have to submit more letters, I need to start identifying such people right away and it's going to be a fairly painful/lengthy process.

Thanks.

GG_007

go_getter007 said:
Dear All,

How do applicants generally respond to an RFE? I mean, I have submitted a dozen recommendation letters along with my EB-1 EA application. If I get an RFE say a few months down the road, am I supposed to submit even more recommendation letters to substantiate my claims? The reason I'm asking this question is that I want to be prepared since if I have to submit more letters, I need to start identifying such people right away and it's going to be a fairly painful/lengthy process.

Thanks.

GG_007
Like everything, it all depends on the RFE..sometimes you can reply the RFE with new letters, but it all depends on the RFE. By all means is always good to be prepared for an RFE, but thye will not necessarly ask for more recomendation letters,they might ask you for more print evidence, or for a translation or something else....it all depends in the RFE..BUT i would say ,is always good to have stuff just in case....
are u going to use PP for it or not?

Thanks for your response.

About PP, I'm still debating. As I mentioned in my previous post "EB1 EA PP - Myth or Reality", I'm not sure whether getting 140 done asap has any real advantages for me as such since my 485 is filed concurrently. I think if takes a little time for 140 to come through, I can use the time to identify people for potential recos or work on the areas that I think aren't very strong (e.g., publications) in case of an RFE. So, I'm undecided right now but will revisit the issue say in a couple of months depending on where things are at my end.

GG_007

tipotodo said:
Like everything, it all depends on the RFE..sometimes you can reply the RFE with new letters, but it all depends on the RFE. By all means is always good to be prepared for an RFE, but thye will not necessarly ask for more recomendation letters,they might ask you for more print evidence, or for a translation or something else....it all depends in the RFE..BUT i would say ,is always good to have stuff just in case....
are u going to use PP for it or not?