Responded to an RFE via Express Mail, but...

ayy123

Registered Users (C)
I responded to an rfe on 08/02 via express mail thinking it's gonna be quick. But when I tracked my mail at USPS web site, the status says as of today:

"We attempted to deliver your item at 9:56 am on August 03, 2004 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92607 and a notice was left. A second delivery attempt will be made. If unsuccessful, we will hold it for five business days and then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later. "

When I talked to USPS, they told me that when you send any express mail to a PO Box address, they would leave a note in the recipient's PO Box like they would normally if somebody is not home when they try to deliver the mail. Then the recipient have to sign and pick up the mail.

My concern is if the CIS don't pick up the mail in 5 days, USPS going to send the mail back to me.

How often CIS pick up their mail?
Is it not a good idea to send anything to CIS via express mail as opposed to regular mail?

your thoughts are greatly appreciated.
thanks.

Sending docs by courier / express-mail

Government agencies usualy have different addresses for the documents sent by regular mail and those by express mail/FEDEX.
I am saying this based on my experience with Visa revalidation and not sure about CSC. You can check their website.

best of luck,

MK

mail another copy via snail mail

Why don't you mail another copy via US post as a backup

sgm said:
Why don't you mail another copy via US post as a backup
Problem with RFE is that USCIS wants us to mail back responses in a special envelope sent to a specific address.

Am not sure how the OP can re-respond to it ....maybe a copy of the orginal envelope would help (if it exists )...

Never had an RFE (yet) -- does the RFE reply envelope have some kind of barcode on it ?
If so it might be used to immediately tag the response to the original case ...

My lawyer sent the response and asked him to send it via express mail.
As for as I know the barcode is on the rfe notice not on the envelope.
I will wait for 5 business days, if CIS don't pick up then It will be sent back to my lawyer. Then perhaps we send it back by regular mail. I am not sure if the envelope that came with the RFE does matter.

I just talked to my lawyer, he told me that usually the envelope that comes with the RFE is not big enough for most responses and the envelope doesn't matter.

Even after 5 business days the online tracking message did not change to "delivered". So, I called the Laguna Nuguel Post office and talked to a lady about my express mail. She told me that the mail is delivered. CIS pick up the mail twice a day. She says it could be because of the misscan of the package. She asked me to fax the mailing label, she said she is going to confirm. Hope fully my mail is delivered. I will let you know as soon as I get any update.

How long will it take for CIS to update the status to "response received" after they receive the mail?

thanks.