Resieved letter from INS branch Chief

NDINDIA

Registered Users (C)
It reads as follows

Dear Mr.......

The following information responds to your letter to Mr. James Ziglar, Commissioner of the INS. In your letter you expressed concern over the in consistency in the amount of time it takes the TSC to process I-485, Application for Permanent Residence, forms when compared to processing time among the other INS Service Centers.
While the Service Centers are organized along similar lines, workload at each center must be locally managed in an endeavor to maintain a balanced workload, based on case volume and priorities. The goal of each Srvice Center is to continually reduce the processing time on all petitions; however, there are times when adjudication priorities require a center to shift their limited resources to other petition priorities. All centers attempt to ensure petitions are adjudicated in an expeditious manner, but there will always be times when one center is able to adjudicate a petition type more quickly.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. However, we are doinmg our best to process all applications as quickly as piossible.

Sincerely
Paul M. Pierre
Branch Chief
Workflow and Operations
Branch at SC Operations.

What do you guys think? Should I write him back? Any suggestions?

NDINDIA
To me the letter is not encouraging. Mr. Pierre did not provide us with an alternative solution with the on going confusion. The letter is telling us indirectly and politely that “this is how we have been doing it for a while, do not disturb us. We are working expeditious on your application. Do not tell what to do when the time reaches we will contact you at our time”. May be other people might have different interpretation.

I will not reply! Your reply will not change his mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
i guess you are right

I know thats what he meant, but unless we keep pushing these people we cannot expect anything.....................:eek:

I would reply his mail if I were you

Thanks for posting the message for us.

I think you should response his mail to push them further. People in government like to play bureaucratly we have to be persistant to persue our goal.

Obviously, he is refusing our request and excusing for them. Is there no room to improve in TSC? I do not think so. Remember, it is ONE YEAR behind other centers, the wordload has shifted too much if his words are true.

If they really keep shifting workload all the time I think it is time to shift their workload on I-485 now.

You should write back

I think you should write him back. Sounds like he is responsive. I would suggest to write a crisp letter so that it won't draw any distraction.

Issuing FP is very random. Many People who filed in 2002 are getting FP and their approvals since I-485 approval is based on FP. I am 100% sure that it is not for aging-out purpose. The regular I-485/2002 filers are getting approvals where as those who filed on Feb 2001 did not get FP. Because of that it did not move from Aug/Sep 2000. If you streamline the ordering FP, then things will be so smooth.

Then u mention about processing lag with other service center is close to one year, you may ask him the possibility of changing the shift for a while.

FP here is the important issue. Randomness starts there.

I dont think he is being responsive. It is a usual

standard reply. Someone handed the letter to him to reply.

No matter what you write, they always have a way to subvert the issue. I would respond to him but not with what I think is happening, they will always subvert that. But you should write to him with poof which he will have no way to get around.