• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Residence Address in DS230 Part 1

touyats

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I'm a selectee for the DV 2012 lottery. I sent the forms to KCC, without the address of residency and the address where to send the green card to (i.e. the two fields are empty). I know I must provide the address to send the green card to as soon as possible, at the very latest on the day of the interview with the consulate.

However, I cannot find information on the other address (the residency address). Is this compulsory? If so, which is the deadline?

Regards,
Gabriele

Hey touyats,

For the question where it asks "where do you intend to live in the United States" it gives you an option "If known street address and postal code" so if you don't know where you want to live yet, just put down a general area where you intend to live; for example Boston, Massachusetts. Now, for the address where you want your Green Card to be posted, you should have put down a friends address or if you don't have friends or family in the United States your best bet would be to rent a POBOX in the United States; you can do this online from the United States Postal Service i.e "USPS" website and the put your PoBOX number on the section where you want your Green Card to be mailed. If you have not put down any information in these two sections I assume you could provide it on the day of interview, One other thing you could do is get a POBOX as soon as possible and emil KCC with your case number and the POBOX number and explain your situation. By the way how much time do you have? whats your case number and which region do you belong to?

Hope this helps
Regards

Hi Kate.S, thanks for answering.

I read the ""where do you intend to live in the United States" question differently, i.e., if you write something there you must also state the street address and postal code. I read the "if known" clause as applying to the whole field, so that's why I asked if it's really necessary to specify the residency address. Maybe we have different versions of DS230?

As per the POBox, last time I checked the USPS site said I needed to provide the post office (in person!) a valid document. While I believe my Italian passport would be ok, I'd rather not travel to US just to setup a POBox :) That said, I think I'll use General Delivery, or simply book an hotel as soon as I know the date for the interview at the Consulate.

I have a 2012 European Case Id 27xxx... so there's time (the interview should be in april 2012).

Thank you for your help!