Rescheduling interview

raj_3808

Hi
My sister-in-law parent got interview call for May 2019. He has some things to take care of this year and would like to interview in 2020. What is the process for rescheduling the interview? Should he get medicals done and then postpone?

No point doing medicals if he wants to postpone, the medical exam expires after 6 months. He needs to contact his embassy to enquire, each embassy has its own procedures for rescheduling.

My SIL's parent got interview appoint for May 2019. he is thinking of postponing to 2020. If it does not get it postponed and has to go for interview in May, how long will the visa be valid? Can he not use his Visa to enter US until May 2020?

Is visa valid for a year or less. Also, if visa expires, does he have to reappear for interview or go through whole GC application process again?

Why create unnecessary duplicate threads? As Susie noted, you were advised the applicant(s) should contact the (Mumbai?) consulate to reschedule. Please stick to one thread!

got it. I thought these were two diff questions so created another thread
there is no way to contact Consulate directly. They have to go through third party ustraveldocs.com

If you know any direct number to contact in Bombay consulate, please let us know.

got it. I thought these were two diff questions so created another thread
there is no way to contact Consulate directly. They have to go through third party ustraveldocs.com

If you know any direct number to contact in Bombay consulate, please let us know.

Well, has he contacted usatraveldocs then? They do have an option for changing appointments on their website, and I’m sure they have a phone number.

Hello,
Any body have experience postponing GC interview in India. It is scheduled for May , but need to postpone until next year. Not getting clear information from anywhere.
Help appreciated. Thanks