RESCHEDULING Consular Interview

sansin

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

I need your advice on this urgently.

NVC has completed reviewing my case (a little too fast, relative to my estimates), and I am suspecting that I may get an interview in August. However, going to India in August may be difficult for me for two reasons:
1. My Project load in August.
2. it would take me some more time to arrange for some required documents.

In light of these difficulties, I am thinking of requesting Mumbai Consulate to reschedule my interview to September.

I want to ask you Gurus if you think it is OK to re-schedule a CP interview appointment, or whether it might jeopardize my case in any way.

In case I do request Mumbai Consulate for rescheduling my interview, are there any specific tips/suggestions that I need to follow for making this request? Should I send an email, or call them up? Should I PROACTIVELY request them after they receive my packet 3, but BEFORE they schedule my interview? Or should I request a rescheduling AFTER they have scheduled my interview? I mean, should I wait for my interview date to be published at their website, and then make the request for rescheduling, or should I place my request before they publish the interview dates for August.

Also, how do I find out when my packet has reached Mumbai Consulate? Do I need to call them up? Based on when they receive my application (before or after June 20), I have to proactively decide when to place my request for rescheduling the appointment. if they receive it after June 20, then I guess I can rest assured, that my interview would be in September.

I would sincerely appreciate any response from people who have rescheduled or requested interview in a specific month.

Thanks
sanjay

Last edited by a moderator:
Need advice please

Hello Folks,

Can someone help me out here? I know a lot of people did reschedule their interview, or request appointment on a specific month. Can someone please advise me on this? If "Work Commitment" is not considered a valid reason, what is considered a valid reason? My wife is going to graduate school, and her classes wont be over until August 16. Can I state that as a reason for rescheduling? As I said before, NVC processed my case very fast. I wasn't expecting an interview in August.

Desperately need some advice!

Thanks
Sanjay

rescheduling...

Anybody? Please?

What is considered a valid reason for rescheduling?

Please help me out follks!
-Sanjay

Sansin,
Please forgive me for this reply but I am seeing you raising the same question indifferent thread/s

Wait till you hear from consulate.....relax

It usually takes 10 to 15 days or little more after NVC sends the case to consulate and getting case number generated at the consulate.

Hi VM,
your concern is valid. I did not get a single reply in this thread. So, had to open a new thread specifically targetted at KD1403, who rescheduled his interview date.

Thanks
Sanjay