Rescheduling AOS initial interview

sram1969

Registered Users (C)
Rescheduling AOS initial interview

It would be great if somebody can advice me on my present situation:

I just received my notice for I485 initial interview, which is scheduled on Dec 8th. My husband is the primary applicant and he received his GC about a year ago. I somehow have got my interview only now and both of us have to be present at the interview.

My issue is that we have planned a vacation to India to attend my husband’s brother’s wedding, which is also on Dec 8th. So we will not be in the US to attend the interview. I was planning to travel on Advance Parole.

My questions are:

Will INS reschedule my appointment for this reason? (Out of country to attend brother-in -law’s wedding?)

I see people saying that “even if it is rescheduled don’t be surprised if you get a denial letter”. So if my I-485 is denied when I am out of the country, will I still be able to re-enter with the Advance Parole?

Thanks in advance for your time and interest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Consult with a lawyer. I would stay back and go to my interview if I were you. But obviously everyone has different priorities.

Consult with a lawyer. I would stay back and go to my interview if I were you. But obviously everyone has different priorities.

Me, too. I'd stay and go for the interview. I read somewhere on this forum whereby someone rescheduled and left, when he/she came back, apparently the reschedule was not approved, was stopped at the port of entry, given an 194 for a few days, got home found a denial letter.... not sure it's worth the risk.

Knowing how USCIS is backlogged I would too .I would put myself first because there will be many more weddings to attend.

they're right. I suggest you stay and go to the interview. USCIS doesnt consider a wedding a valid excuse. they only approve rescheduling if its valid like death in the family or if one of u is really sick... and thats it.

the trip is definately not worth it , I suggest you change your plans , this interview should be your first priority , you never know what could happen ,reading these forums I have learned that people who have tried this have ended up in various situations.