Reschedule Oath Ceremony twice??

saikumar963

Hello,
I applied for US Citizenship in Jan 2018 and USCIS sent the N-445 Notice for Oath Ceremony stating that I was scheduled for Oath Ceremony in Nov second week 2018 in Fairfax County, VA. But I never received the N-445 Notice, so I failed to appear for the Ceremony. I sent them letter stating the same and I requested them to reschedule the Ceremony. Recently I checked my.uscis.gov website login and I see that I am rescheduled for Ceremony on second week of Feb 2019. But right now I am out of Country for Family matters until end of Feb 2019. Here are the questions I had.

1) Is it okay to request rescheduling second time? Since last time I never received the letter, so missed it.

2) Also, can I request them to reschedule the Ceremony stating that I am out of Country for Family matter until Feb end and I will be back on March 2019? Is being out of country for Family matter good reason for rescheduling or does it have to be an health condition or some other emergency?

3) If I miss this Ceremony then I would have missed the Ceremony twice, will that rescheduling request jeopardize or cancel my application and do I have to start over from beginning? I read somewhere that if I missed the ceremony twice then I have to start over the application from the beginning.

Please let me know if you would like me provide any further details.
Thank you for help!! Much Appreciated!!

Suggest trying to make the Oath. You risk denial with yet another reschedule.

And, do not ever lie.. you have to state whatever the facts are, irrespective of it being a "good reason". You can't claim an emergency if you don't have one. I've never understood why people are so willing to make things up.

Like @1AurCitizen said try to make the ceremony.

Chances are high of them just flat out denying the application if you miss yet a second ceremony.

Weigh your "family emergency" VS becoming a citizen, pick which one is more important to you!

I don’t understand why you would plan to leave the country in the first place, knowing you were waiting for a rescheduled oath ceremony (it seems from what you said this family matter isn’t an emergency, yet it’s taking a very long time for you to be away). I’d suggest you come back for the ceremony. Worst case come back, take the oath, apply for expedited passport, and return to your family matter. If you’re there for another month still surely being back for a few days for something as important as this won’t be a train smash?

hello, i receive a letter from uscis saying that i was schedule to do my oath ceremony on february and was dated on January 31, 2019, but i receive another letter the same day that my schedule was cancel as per requested and i did call the 800number and they told me i am at the list but i still concern because i do know why did happend...some can help me?

Sometimes they have to cancel/postpone. What does your uscis case status page say? Do you have a myuscis account?
hello, i receive a letter from uscis saying that i was schedule to do my oath ceremony on february and was dated on January 31, 2019, but i receive another letter the same day that my schedule was cancel as per requested and i did call the 800number and they told me i am at the list but i still concern because i do know why did happend...some can help me?

Yes i do have a uscis account and I check online and still saying that they schedule the Oath Ceremony and a second notice in my online page saying the cancellation but i think because the place is taking the Ceremony is outside and we have some rain for that days...I want to think thata why

Ok well I suggest you just keep checking that account, you should get an email with updates but personally I’d check daily to ensure I didn’t miss it! Good luck!