Reschedule FP at Alexandria, VA

ramtajogi

Registered Users (C)
I just recieved by N-400 FP notice for the Alexandria, Northern Virginia ASC for Oct 18, but I will be on travel on that date. Please advise the best way to get it rescheduled. Some people had mentioned going in earlier than their scheduled appointment. How can one do that? Appreciate any help and advise.

N-400 RD: 9/16/2005 at VSC

ramtajogi said:
I just recieved by N-400 FP notice for the Alexandria, Northern Virginia ASC for Oct 18, but I will be on travel on that date. Please advise the best way to get it rescheduled. Some people had mentioned going in earlier than their scheduled appointment. How can one do that? Appreciate any help and advise.

Hi ramtajogi,

I'd suggest that you go to the ASC whenever you can and see if they will take your FP. I have read that in many cases people were able to go to the ASCs and get their FP taken well before the date of their appointment.

Just take the FP notice to the ASC and request them to take your FP. Tell them that you would like to do this because the date of the appointment is not convenient because of travel plans or whatever. If they do not oblige, you can always write to the address shown on the FP notice and ask that they reschedule the FP appointment.

Good luck!

ramtajogi said:

I live in northern VA, I did mine early without any issue.
Just show up, they will do it; I did that.

Thanks

Thanks for the advice, guys. I will show up earlier than the appointment date and see what happens. BTW, is it better to go in the morning or afternoon? Also, any particular day of the week better others?