Reschedule Fingerprints Appointment

gudada

Registered Users (C)
I just received the I-485 fingerprints notice for my wife. But unfortunetaly we find out that it is very hard for her to make it on that particular date. On the notice it says "Rescheduling your appointment will delay your application...". I would appreciate it very much if anyone with similar experience could offer advice as if rescheduling will have big impact on our I-485 applications.

I am the main applicant, and I already did the fingerprints last year.

Best wishes to you all.

well..

you can always go ahead of schedule.. we did our FP's the next
day we got the notice.

Rgds..

Ask her to go early for her fingerprinting. Most fingerprinting centers don't mind if people come early for their fingerprinting.

I would definitely advise you against postponing anything to do with INS. Either do it before or on the exact date, but NEVER NEVER postpone/delay it.

And while I have your attention, allow me point out a couple of things you can do to speed up your 485 process.

http://boards.immigration.com/anthesys/TrackerPetition/signatoryForm.php?petId=4
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=107834

Join the fax campaigns we run, and have your voice heard by people who count!

Venkayya, 140_takes_4ever:

Thanks for the prompt reponses. This is definitely the best forum. Yes I will contribute to the fax campaigns.

One more question: if we go for fingerprints earlier, can we go to the support center any day? The notice shows only Wednesday afternoon and Saturday afternoon for avaiable rescheduling. BTW, this is at San Francisco.

Thanks again.

hi gudada go to the san jose office...i also had san fransisco and went to san jose and they did it quickly no questions asked...

San Jose is definitely the most hassle free centre ever!

If only INS was as effective of efficient, we would have NO backlogs. It takes about 5 mins to get in and out at San Jose.

That's really helpful info.

I actually did mine in San Jose a year ago. Yes I agree that it's efficient.