Reschedule Fingerprinting

kakinada1977

I-485 is pending for my wife and me. My wife is planning to go to India for 3-4 months. What happens if we get fingerprinting appointment during that time? Can we reschedule her appointment? Is there a maximum time-frame within which we need to reschedule?

I know that the fingerprinting notice gives the option of rescheduling. But I want to know if anyone has ACTUALLY rescheduled.

I sent the form back last May to reschedule my appointment. Thinking that I'd received another one and the process was going through I received a letter in November telling me my application had been closed. Apparently they took the fact that I didn't turn up for my appointment as being that I didn't want to continue my application, so closed my green card application.

On trying to reopen it I was asked for proof that I'd returned the form, unfortunately I'd only sent it by regular mail so therefore my advice would be that if you need to reschedule, then make sure it is sent recorded delivery and all proof kept somewhere!

fingerprint reschedule

Is it possible to get reschedule fingerprint. My wife got fingerprint notice but on that date she will be out of country. How to request for rescheduling fingerprint by phone or by writing letter? What kind of cause is valid cause for reschedling fingerprint?

Has anyone done walk-in/early FP at Detroit ASC

I got my FP notice but my wife has not got her FP appointment. She is going to india. I'am worried if she will get her FP notice when she is in india. Is it possible for me to take her with me as walk-in and try to get her finger printing done along with me at the Detroit ASC. HAs anyone done this before at Detroit ASC. Please share your experience.

Tnaks in advance

Missed Finger Print Appointment

I missed my finger print appointment. The reason being that the appointment was on 05/19/2006 and I received the notice letter on 05/19/2006. I am right now in a different place from the location mentioned in the notice. Can I go to the nearest Applicant support center to get my biometrics. Someone please advice.

It is same with me

All,

It is same with me. I applied my I-485, EAD and AP on April 22nd in with Phoenix AZ address. Last week we moved to Jacksonville FL. on 20th May they approved my EAD and AP. They send our attorney the finger print notice for us to attend on May 31st. My attorney is not giving any good options. please let me know the options.
Thanks
Gopal

Missed Finger Print Appointment

Got my biometrics done today at Memphis. No questions asked.

gcMay2002 said:
I missed my finger print appointment. The reason being that the appointment was on 05/19/2006 and I received the notice letter on 05/19/2006. I am right now in a different place from the location mentioned in the notice. Can I go to the nearest Applicant support center to get my biometrics. Someone please advice.

gc2002May

I got a FP appointment notice to attend on 31st May in Pheonix. I just moved to Jacksonville FL. Today I went to LOCAL ASC in Jacksonville. But they asked me to come on 31st. Is it safe to go to the local ASC on 31st May

Fingerprints

I got my FP scheduel on May 31st. I work in phoenix, but has Sacramento as hometown. I have to flight back to Sacramento for my FPs.
EB3 World
PD:04/01
140: AD 02/06
485:RD 04/27/06
EAD:AD 05/08/06
FP schedule:05/31/06
485: waiting????????????

Visa dates current since March but FP's expied

Our Visa dates have been current since March 1st but our cases are still pending . Tried several methods but no update on the case yet. We had our last finger prints in Oct 2004 and I believe they are valid only for 15 months right ?
My wife is planning to travel to India in 2 months and stay for 3 - 4 months. She just applied for Advance Parole renewal. Is it safe to go and what would be the consequences if she gets the FP notice while she is away. Can she get it rescheduled ?
Can we go to the local ASC and get our Fingerprints done without any notice being sent ?. please help.

Yes ! I have

winterspring said:
I got my FP notice but my wife has not got her FP appointment. She is going to india. I'am worried if she will get her FP notice when she is in india. Is it possible for me to take her with me as walk-in and try to get her finger printing done along with me at the Detroit ASC. HAs anyone done this before at Detroit ASC. Please share your experience.

Tnaks in advance

Hello there,

Yes I did have two earli FP one was in 2005 and the other was on May 17, 2006. My FP App. was schedle for June2, 2006. I didn't have any problem getting FP as long as you/r wife has an App. By the way I'm in CA hopfully they will do the same over there where you live, and hey there is nothing to loos by trying the wors they can say is no, so what?

Hope this help,
~C

No Problem

You should be fine.

va_lc_case said:
I got a FP appointment notice to attend on 31st May in Pheonix. I just moved to Jacksonville FL. Today I went to LOCAL ASC in Jacksonville. But they asked me to come on 31st. Is it safe to go to the local ASC on 31st May

I also missed my FP date ... I want to the ASC a copule days later and I've been accepted with no issues.

FP done at Jacksonville ASC

gcmay2002,

Thanks. We went to the local office with a infopass appointment here in jacksonville FL. They took the finger prints(code 3). Everything was smooth.

Thanks all.
va_lc_case

Missed my appointment. Went the next day. No hassles.

I missed my biometrics appointment because there was very little time between receiving the notice and the scheduled date and time. I went the next morning and got it all done very easily in about 30 minutes from the time I entered. No hassles whatsoever. The appointment notice is a bit harsh in wording regarding missing an appointment - "...your application will be considered abandoned". However, the reality is that there is a reasonable grace period. Obviously, there's nothing better than keeping your appointment as scheduled. But for those of you who've missed yours, don't worry. Just go to the ASC as soon as possible.

I am in the same situation

Could you let me know which ASC did you visit ?

I missed my biometrics appointment because there was very little time between receiving the notice and the scheduled date and time. I went the next morning and got it all done very easily in about 30 minutes from the time I entered. No hassles whatsoever. The appointment notice is a bit harsh in wording regarding missing an appointment - "...your application will be considered abandoned". However, the reality is that there is a reasonable grace period. Obviously, there's nothing better than keeping your appointment as scheduled. But for those of you who've missed yours, don't worry. Just go to the ASC as soon as possible.

Question

what does ASC stand for . Is it the same place where we have infopass.
please let me know . thanks for your help