Reschedule Fingerprinting at ESC - Any Experiences? - Feedback appreciated

vinodjk

I received fingerprinting notices for both I and my wife, at ESC. My wife is going to be out of the country on the day of fingerprinting and wont be back until 20 days after the scheduled date. The notice says that to reschedule, I would need to send in the original notice back to the Newark ASC and to choose a box -> Reschedule for next available Wednesday or Saturday.
My questions are as follows:
1. Has anybody successfully been able to reschedule with ESC for fingerprinting?
2. Can you ask for fingerprinting after a specific date?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

No Title

Hi same situation for me. Anybody have any ideas. I have to go to the detroit Ins for my FP. Will try to reschedule for my wife and will try and post some info on how things worked out.

Krishnan

No Title

I did go to the local INS (detroit) and they said they would reschedule, and send me the reschedule notice. I asked them to send it to my home, rather than my lawyer and they agreed to do that. However I still have to get the reschedule notice. They are pretty friendly at the fingerprint center in Detroit (the Ins office itself is terrible).

Details

FP date mar 15 2001.

Trying to reschedule for may 2nd week.

Hope things work out for you

Krishnan

No Title

Hi Krishnan V.

What is your RD and ND? I am wondering why people from Detroit do not get finger printing schedule as fast as people from other cities, eg: Chicago.

No Title

RD Jan 3 2000. ND Jan 20 2000. I have heard the same thing. Maybe the FP center is not as big or maybe they are more inefficient. However in my case I think I got my FP fairly early if U use the postings on this BB as a guide. My FP notice date was 2/14/2001 and that is when most Oct99-Mar 2000 Filers at VSC got their notice. Unfortunately the notice was sitting in my lawyer\'s office for 3 weeks. If you haven\'t got your notice double-check with your lawyer or an IIO (the AVM at VSC did not give any info).

Hope that helps U.

Krishnan V.

No Title

I have received my FP notice ( for 4/3/01). My wife is still in India and would need atleast until enf of May/Jun before she arrives here. I want to reschedule my FP to End of Jun. I called INS and they said you can reschedule only of there is a death in the family. After this out of the world experience with INS I am at loss as to what to do? My wife has never been here before. Which means I need to maintain my H1 status till she gets her H4. In real trouble. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks
sk

No Title

Guys, most of the time the ASC will let you FP at a later time without rescheduling it via CSC. It depends on the people running the ASC. To be sure, stop by your ASC and tell them your situation and ask them if you can come at a later time. Chances are they\'ll say yes. If not, follow the instructions on your FP notice to reschedule the appointment.

No Title

As I have posted earlier in this thread, I wenr to the ASC (Detroit) and asked them to reschedule my wife\'s FP to after May 4th (original Mar 15th). They agreed and sent a notice to my home within a week rescheduling it to may 9th. So it depends on your ASC. Detroit seems pretty nice and friendly (The Ins Office itself in detroit is terrible).

So try at the ASC, and don\'t go through the Service center of your application, and see if that works.

Hope this helps. Good luck

No Title

Hi, I have rescheduled my fp at Newark, nj which was originally scheduled for March 15th. I have received my fp rescheduled notice for next week.

Thankx