Reschedule Biometrics

Sifa_Dias

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
I've recently sent my I-751 package and have now received my extension letter, since I was waiting on that I immediately traveled to Europe to visit family. My wife said that the letter for my biometrics appointment came the next day and it scheduled for the day I come back, which I won't be able to make. I need to reschedule my biometrics appointment, but I don't know where I should do that. Does anyone have experience with this, or knowledge that can point me in the right direction? It would be very much appreciated!

Thanks.

You have to send a written request to USCIS along with FP notice requesting a rescheduled appointment. Make sure you make a copy of the original FP notice before you mail it back to the address listed on the FP notice. It shouldn't be a problem. Your wife can type or prepare it and send it off for you.

Hello Sifa,

You can always call in and reschedule your Biometrics apt. The 800 number should be able to reschedule. Do keep the second appt though. You should be alright.

Hello Sifa,

You can always call in and reschedule your Biometrics apt. The 800 number should be able to reschedule. Do keep the second appt though. You should be alright.

That may be so: :eek: however, it is best to make the request in writing so that there is 'paper evidence of request'. Always, ALWAYS GET IT IN WRITING FOR YOUR SAFEGUARD AND FUTURE RECORD.:rolleyes:

Hello Neshawn

I have previously rescheduled Biometrics appt by calling in 800 number. It was not a big deal, as long as you show up and get your receipt stamped that your Biometrics done! I did it and the process went very smoothly, there were no delays.

But, if the OP wants more confidence, they can definitely send it in writing.

Alright, here's an update. My wife had called the immigration line, and they did not accept rescheduling by phone. She had to make a copy of the appointment letter and then send it to the local office to reschedule. It's now been rescheduled.