Required documents when changing employers

trekker1972

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am planning to change employers in the next couple of months and I would like to know what documents should I or the new employer prepare for this. For the people who has gone through this process please let me know.

FYI, I am on EAD.

Thanks in advance!

I hope you want to use AC21? If that is true then:

Better have the copy of I-140- filing receipt or copy of approved I-140, you should try to get copy of approved LC particularly form ETA750A that has your skills and salary written on that and it will help new employer/lawyer to draft letter for USCIS about future permanent job offer and to make it Same/similar job it will help the lawyer if you can get the copy of complete LC approval or just form ETA750A. Your lawyer who filed LC has the copy of approved LC and Form ETA750A is attached with approved LC. if the employer HR has the approved LC copy then ask the copy of LC

*** if I-140 for you is not approved and I-485 is not pending more than 180 days it may be risky for you to continue the GC process if past employer revokes I-140. you did not post your case details and all depends on your situation if I-140 approved if I-485 hit 180 days

** you have used EAD you can not join new employer with H1 transfer as you are not on H1 status, you have to join new employer on EAD