Required documents for change from E2 to GC (EB1)?

ITry

Registered Users (C)
Hi there,
first post, so please be gentle :)

My employer started my GC process using an EB1 Visa (not yet confirmed that I qualify).

I am German, living/working in California on an E2 since 2001.

Now I am having the following questions and concerns:

1. What supporting documents are required to file for the GC using the EB1 Visa? (school, birthday, etc.). I see a problem producing school records, since I dont possess much of my original certificates any longer. Furthermore, I went to a private business school in New Zealand, which doesnt exist anymore. Will it be a problem, if I am not able to provide proof of my degree?

2. Some of my German colleagues warned me that immigration laws are more strict now and that there is only one shot on the GC process; if you fail thats it. Is this true and if so how likely is it to fail this process??

3. How long does the GC process with an EB1 take these days - the company's lawyer is decent so I have heard.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Not true. Your friends are messing with you.

2. Some of my German colleagues warned me that immigration laws are more strict now and that there is only one shot on the GC process; if you fail thats it. Is this true and if so how likely is it to fail this process??